Insanity starter

Options
13»

Replies

• kelvincornish1
    Options
    Emma, today was day 44 of Insanity for me and there is definitely a difference in my body shape. I have lost 3% body fat and certainly fitter too. Now I remember day one and doing THAT fitness test. I was quite fit and thought I would sail through it. I didn't! The 2nd time I did it 13 days later was easier and the last time I did it was better still. DIG DEEPER and keep going. If I can do it at my age (52) then so can you!

By the way, how fit were you beforehand?

Regarding calories, you have to remember that you need to eat to get the energy to get through the intensive workouts. You will burn about 400-600 calories per workout and of course your body needs calories for everything it does. There is no point in starving yourself because you will not have the energy to do the workouts. Just eat the 'right' kind of calories. Remember that 1 gram of carbs = 4 calories; 1 gram of protein = 4 calories and 1 gram of fat = 9 calories. Follow the nutrition plan as much as you can or at least use it as a good guide as to what you can eat. Being fit and healthy is about 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.

Good luck!
  • sueclare38
    sueclare38 Posts: 125
    Options
    I was wondering about calories. definitely gonna get some protein bars, as I find it hard reaching my protein macro. I've been eating at tdee-20%, so not eating back my exercising calories. Does that remain the same now, or should I be eating them back with insanity.
  • perk325
    perk325 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am on day 3 first time insanity user. You can all add me. The fit test was sad. But I will get better. I can't keep up very well, but I give 110%. I am so sore, couldn't hardly get out of bed. But now I am up, taken my alive and going to do day 3. I don't like all the jumping, with my jiggle. I felt things jiggle yesterday that I did not know were loose! :-)
    I will finish this and then go to p90x. I have lost a total of 22lbs. Anyway, add me!
  • madness33
    Options
    Today was a good day! Just finished day 3, it was tough, but I feel pretty energized afterward. May be the vitamin water helped abit during the workout, but who knows.

Anyway can't wait for tomorrow :D
  • Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just started too. Tonight will be my fourth night - not including the fit test. I can only imagine we will all do better the next fit test...lol.
  • hb728
    hb728 Posts: 4
    Options
    Just did the fitness test and can barely walk! Haha
  • hb728
    hb728 Posts: 4
    Options
    So im just about to finish week 2 of insanity and I think I'm getting shin splints. :/ anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on ways to treat them without having to stop the program?
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm hoping to receive Insanity in the post next week and can't wait to start after reading all your posts, just got a couple of questions though:

1. Am I expected to wear a HRM, or do you just advise that I get one?

2. Does the guide say which dvd to use and when to change, or do you choose which one you want to do and do that until you fancy a change?

3. What protein foods do you recommend to take if can't get shakes or bars?

4. When you have done the fit test, do you start the workout the next day or leave it a couple of days - oh and could you class the fit test as day one if you're keeping track on the calender?

Thanks in advance for your advice.