And the award for the body part with the worst doms is....

Options
I’m voting for glutes. Probably because I’ve just squatted four times a week for a month and my glutes are KILLING me.

What is everyone else’s worst doms?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lower back after heavy deads. That DOMS is unlike any other.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I get them the worst in my legs... but tightness in my upper back is the most annoying.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Right now it's a toss up between my abs and shoulders, but that's because I worked my abs hard on wednesday and decided to use the heaviest weights put out for arnold press in circuits last night (did consider using the lighter weights but then I'd have got the look). Monday going in to Tuesday it'll be my legs, all of my legs, doing 16miles Sunday and the legs are going to feel it.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    The worst I ever had was my hip flexors. I trained all winter last year with things like squats, lunges, and random cardio stuff to be able to hike the mountain. My first hike of the year last year left me hobbling around like an old lady the next day. Apparantly, I overlooked that tiny little stabilty muscle. Lesson learned, lol.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Calves! I'd been lifting for several years but a few years ago I decided to hire a personal trainer just to push myself and learn some new things. One day he made me do standing calf raises on a weighted machine. No problem. I'm a power walker and do the step mill regularly. WRONG! Didn't feel anything at first until I got up in the middle of the night to pee. I tiptoed while crying and hanging onto the wall. Everywhere. For the next few days. Needless to say I've never neglected calf raises since.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Quads and hammies for me! Been outta the gym a few weeks and probably won’t be back until March (baby due soon) and I’m NOT looking forward to those DOMS 🤪
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    It’s the peeing with any form of leg or lower back doms which gets me. I end up using the disabled loo at work and people give me weird looks 😳
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It’s the peeing with any form of leg or lower back doms which gets me. I end up using the disabled loo at work and people give me weird looks 😳

I do that. Those safety rails/bars are a life-saver.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hamstrings. Sitting down to pee is a treat when they're cursed with the DOMS.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Hamstrings for me. That's always where I've gotten them the worst. My husband laughs because, as someone who has to go to the bathroom a lot, I apparently get that look of "no not again" on my face when it's time.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Arms. I have to bend my head down to do my hair, can’t hold up the blow dryer, can’t wash my hair without bending my head. Not fun.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hamstrings and chest for me.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Definitely glutes. It's the one thing I hate about summer, when I run and then garden, or vice versa, and then it's all OMG WHY? And then how I end up using my car's seat warmers in the middle of summer.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    After my first marathon, my quads were so rigid I couldn't climb stairs for days, which is a problem in our house since the only two ways in either require going up two flights of stairs or going around to the back of the house, climbing a hill, and then going up two big steps into the dining room. My husband had to lift me up those steps. Sitting down to go the bathroom was agony. Getting up was worse. I had trained for uphill running, but didn't train sufficiently for the downhills. I paid.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty tight race between quadriceps, calves, & hamstrings...even when doing 3 leg workouts/week I still get DOMS at least once a week. Glute DOMS not as common but possibly the most annoying
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options

I'm always envious and resentful of men the day or two after leg day :D

For me, it's usually my hamstrings. Second would be my abs, especially if I've done a lot of decline push-ups
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Calves ... from descending stairs when I start climbing stairs after not doing it for a little while.