I fit into my 8th grade grad dresses

Options
This is absolutely bizarre. I’m doing a closet clear out and I tried on both of my grade 8 grad dresses. One has room and the other is just a little snug in the boobs and that’s it. They essentially fit.

I’ve lost 40lbs this year but I thought I really put that on in the last 4 years, but this tells me I’m not far from my weight at 13 years old. Maybe I’m 10lb heavier or something but. So close.

I’m 5’2 and 161lbs right now. That’s just teetering on the edge of obesity. I had no idea I had been so fat for so long. I remember feeling chubby but I hadn’t realized how chubby I’d actually been. It’s pretty shocking.

I don’t know if this belongs here, but I just got really startled by this.

Have you ran into anything shocking about your past during weight loss?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm able to wear a winter coat that my mom bought for me in high school. Class of '80. BTW, Success Stories. You rock.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I finally got back into the jeans I wore on my first date with my husband :) I don't have anything as far back as 8th grade!

Incidentally, I'm also 5'2 (and a half :lol: ) and was initially surprised at how 'low' a weight I had to hit to reach normal BMI. Now that I'm here it feels fine, and I'm actually trying to lose a bit more. Us shorties just don't have much wiggle room.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I'm able to wear a winter coat that my mom bought for me in high school. Class of '80. BTW, Success Stories. You rock.

I’m wearing my high school coat too! Although it still just squeezed me in at my biggest. I guess it doesn’t feel like a success because it’s not about the weight I lost, which is good but I’m only about halfway to normal BMI. It’s more realizing how long I’ve been fat/obese. I thought I’d only been obese a few years but no, it’s been most of my life. It’s a weird feeling, not a victory.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful success! Well done. There’s no way I’d fit into anything from grade 8. At about grade 10 my boobs decided to grow more than a couple cup sizes and I don’t think they’ll ever be back in anything smaller than a D cup again!

What a fun way to look back on your junior high days though! (Or if they were lousy to see the person you’ve become!)

I want to fit back into my wedding dress. It’s only been 5 years and I can’t get my hips in it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I was at 165-ish pounds at age 13 and same now, at 42. In between, I was 100 pounds heavier for many many years. I kind of wish I had my clothes from 8th grade to see how they fit now!