Clean on a tight budget?

Options
13»

Replies

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Troll wrote: »
    Edit. Hubs will not eat: yogurt sweet potato beans lentils nuts oatmeal bread tomato onion peppers hummus mayo avocado fish desserts milk alternative milk shellfish no veg except cuke, canned green beans, corn, and broccoli with ranch. Only apples grapes banana.

I dont eat cottage cheese, avocado, tomato, tofu, mayo, sour cream, or mushrooms.

Toddler is a garbage disposal.

Clean means...like, im sick of not cooking and everything coming from a stupid box or freezer bag because we cant make any kind of cohesive plan. I miss fresh, home prepared, limited ingredient

Hi @Troll

I love to cook as well! Think of what can you make instead of what limitations there are.

I’d definitely buy in bulk and what’s on sale.

These 2 recipe sites are cool since you can plug in ingredients you want (or don’t want) and it finds recipe to match! Maybe that might help.

Supercool.com
    Allrecipes.com

What if you made a vegetarian dish that everyone will eat and the family had a side of roast chicken? Frittata with toppings you and he can eat. Eggs in bulk save money. Quiche in a pie dish.
    I see broccoli up there.. turkey and broccoli for the fam - added edamame and cashew sauce for you for protein. The little one can explore vegetables and different items with you.

Quinoa and banana for breakfast?
    Broccoli and cheese?

I think there are a ton of items to get. Maybe this is an opportunity to be creative. 😉

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    all i know is, is that no matter what the budget, my husband eats what i cook, or he goes and fixes himself something to eat on his own.