Would this be a “recomp”?

Options
Please forgive the slightly rambling post.

I have been using MFP for several years now and have lost 11kg, dropping my BMI from 27 to 23. For the last year or maybe two my scale-weight has been essentially the same, so I guess I’ve found maintainance.

My exercise varies but is a mix of cardio, body weight training, cable-machine weights at the gym, yoga and skiing. I’ve recently started running.

I have a standard digital bathroom scale and have never had my body fat measured/calculated.

Last January I decided it was time to ditch my UK size 14 trousers (which started snug and wound up too big even with a belt) in favour of mostly 10’s.

Now I’m finding the 10’s need a belt too, even though I’m the same weight or a kilo heavier!

Basically I’m curious - is this likely to represent a “recomp” (I don’t have a baseline BF to compare to), or something else?

Replies

• KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right. Photos are great for comparison and probably better than body fat measurements for noticing change in body composition. Take photos monthly to compare changes over time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yep!