Ladies Keeping your chest tight?

Options
What exercises have helped keep your girls looking nice while dropping the pounds?

Replies

• StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean. You'll likely lose fat from your breasts making them smaller. Push ups and bench presses are good for your chest muscles.
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    A supportive bra :lol:

😂🤣😂 check!
  • Je55ica_79
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean. You'll likely lose fat from your breasts making them smaller. Push ups and bench presses are good for your chest muscles.

I mean I don't want to look completely saggy and deflated I know I will loss some boob I just wanted to know if anyone has had success working that area out to where I don't need to see a surgeon...it may just be luck and genetics but I would like to try to work that area out in Hope's I can maintain some curviness idk if I'm making sense.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight I didn’t lose anything from the chest area but I would have liked to. I guess it’s up to genetics. I did start exercising and I believe that running has helped my core muscles and improved my posture... this is where I notice the most difference and it helps me carry myself better. So my advice would be to try to improve your posture, it can make a world of difference!
  • Je55ica_79
    Options
    When I lost weight I didn’t lose anything from the chest area but I would have liked to. I guess it’s up to genetics. I did start exercising and I believe that running has helped my core muscles and improved my posture... this is where I notice the most difference and it helps me carry myself better. So my advice would be to try to improve your posture, it can make a world of difference!

How much weight did you lose? I've lost 20 and have 80-90 to go. When I was very thin I was still large in the chest so maybe I won't lose much idk I just want to try to keep a curvy body.
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    everjcjv wrote: »

How much weight did you lose? I've lost 20 and have 80-90 to go. When I was very thin I was still large in the chest so maybe I won't lose much idk I just want to try to keep a curvy body.

I lost 43 lbs, went from BMI 30 to BMI 23.3
    I’ve had a huge chest since I was 15 and mammograms show I have very dense tissue so short of surgery they will never budge. Do you know if you have dense breast tissue?
  • Je55ica_79
    Options
    I'm currently a 38 h. When I was thinner I was a 34 f back in the day super hard to find the right size now with the internet so much easier! Like 15 years ago I wanted a reduction but surgery freaks me out! So I would just like to try to maintain a flattering shape to the best of my ability while I lose my weight. Maybe I'm hoping for a miracle but I figure targeting my chest and booty area can't hurt!
  • Je55ica_79
    Options

I’ve had a huge chest since I was 15 and mammograms show I have very dense tissue so short of surgery they will never budge. Do you know if you have dense breast tissue?

I'm not sure I'll be turning 40 this year so I haven't had a mammogram yet.
  • RunsWithBees
    Options

I'm in the same boat. Normal sized me is a 36D. I am currently a 38DD. I don't go lower than a D no matter my size, and despite the fact society likes large breasted women, they certainly do nothing to make us feel welcome. It's nearly impossible to find bras that fit -and- look good, or clothing, or avoid ignorant comments on Insta about how "you have a big chest because you're fat"

A lot of it is genetics, but developing pecs helps, and in theory (not my personal experience) helps keep the skin firmer as well.

You are lucky to “only” be a DD... I’m halfway down the darn alphabet :D but I have a small band size so I’m never going to find my size in a shop. I buy all my bras and bikinis online from UK sellers, they have cute colors and styles too! I got tired of feeling like I needed to “hide” or “apologize” for my breasts and now I just wear whatever I want whenever I want ;)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options

I'm not sure I'll be turning 40 this year so I haven't had a mammogram yet.

I see, when you do they will surely let you know about the density. Don’t put it off though, it’s uncomfortable but very necessary! :)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    I'm currently a 38 h. When I was thinner I was a 34 f back in the day super hard to find the right size now with the internet so much easier! Like 15 years ago I wanted a reduction but surgery freaks me out! So I would just like to try to maintain a flattering shape to the best of my ability while I lose my weight. Maybe I'm hoping for a miracle but I figure targeting my chest and booty area can't hurt!

Sounds like you’re already starting out with a lot to work with so I wouldn’t worry too much about losing volume, I’d concentrate on getting good fitting bras. I’ve heard most women wear too large a band size and too small a cup size. The band should be snug and the cups should be fully encompassing, the main support should come from the band not the straps. Also... posture, posture, posture ;)
  • Je55ica_79
    Options
    Yup I just went down to a 38 last month the month before I was a 40 h and spilling out the top... i bought a lot of new bras this summer when they were on sale the down side of losing weight I still have a couple with tags on $60 bucks each... I should have just bought 2...
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    Yup I just went down to a 38 last month the month before I was a 40 h and spilling out the top... i bought a lot of new bras this summer when they were on sale the down side of losing weight I still have a couple with tags on $60 bucks each... I should have just bought 2...

Can you exchange them for another size at the store? Or maybe sell them on eBay and recoup some of the expense.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options

Just know that if "back in the day" was 10 or 20 years ago, when you lose the weight now, you could potentially have quite a different body shape.

I dropped to the weight I was in my early 30s and still had some clothes from my early 30s. Great! I didn't need to go out and buy stuff. But it turned out I was a whole different shape somehow and couldn't get into those things comfortably anymore.

So yeah, workout, maintain good posture, wear clothes that fit you well ... and who knows, you might like your new shape better than your "back in the day" shape. :)
  • Je55ica_79
    Options
    I know I can take them back I might be able to sell them.
  • Je55ica_79
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Just know that if "back in the day" was 10 or 20 years ago, when you lose the weight now, you could potentially have quite a different body shape.

I dropped to the weight I was in my early 30s and still had some clothes from my early 30s. Great! I didn't need to go out and buy stuff. But it turned out I was a whole different shape somehow and couldn't get into those things comfortably anymore.

So yeah, workout, maintain good posture, wear clothes that fit you well ... and who knows, you might like your new shape better than your "back in the day" shape. :)

Oh I've gotten rid of those clothes long ago I have pants from 5 years ago that I'm just start to fit into. But my juror close from before 3 pregnancies are long gone. I would be happy to be in a 10 I used to be a 3 sometimes 5 depending on the brand. This summer I was between a 20 and 22 now I'm down to an 18.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Anything that works your pectoralis major are the way to go. Bench press, flys, push ups etc. Also, a helpful tip I was given was to build up your shoulders as well. Developed shoulders contribute to an hourglass silhouette and are some of the easiest muscles to grow.

Sorry just having a little chuckle with the pecs bit I used to have boobs, huge boobs like a 48FF. I now have nothing after losing weight, like I struggle to fill an A cup. But thanks to my 2 hour weekly chest/ back workout I do have pecs. My partner and I often joke that my pecs are bigger than my boobs