Ultimate Accountability Challenge-February 2019

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Hi Friend,
You are invited to check us out...

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

This group emphasizes long-term changes, but you can sign up for one month at a time.

Check us out and sign up at this link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/130876-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2019
See you soon!

Replies

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Thank you @RangerRickL for taking time out of your busy schedule to assume the role of moderator, mentor, role model and CEO of this monthly challenge. You are a counselor to many in more ways than one! February will be my 15th month of participating in the UAC challenge with the goal being to live a healthy life. The rules are clear, concise and on point for achieving or maintaining your goals. The challenge excludes no one, other team members are supportive, and members are always encouraged to stay with the group for accountability even if the coveted “Winner’s Circle” won’t be achieved. Showing up on a daily basis makes you a winner every single day even on those days which are, perhaps, not representative of one of your better days. Please be a winner and join us! :)
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ditto @w8goal4life, this challenge is great! You can say as little or as much as you want so if you're a bit short of time no problem, we are all here for the same thing, no weigh ins or pound words, no competing, just check in to say you done ok, simples! This has kept me so on track for months, if you don't make it to the winner's circle you will not be ridiculed in any way, you can just carry on til the end of the month, there is no judgement, lovely group, come and join us!

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight/gain weight/maintain weight, please join us. You will find a most supportive group of folks who, by committing to these seemingly simple three rules, are achieving their/our health goals.

I’ve done UAC for 10 months. It’s ensured my success!!

Join us!! You won’t regret it❣️
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    I've shared the link on my feed. A lot of members here are friends with me also and it's so great to see such commitment to health. I love this group!!

Always welcome to more friends on a health journey so feel free to add me.

Bonnie in Nashville <3
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @jheinlein81 Hi Jen,
    If you want a team to share your journey...come on in!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    8yomyy4je2wl.jpg

If you want to be more thoughtful, mindful and healthy...the February Ultimate Accountability Challenge may be right for you.
    Check us out at this link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/130876-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2019
  • firewood2014
    firewood2014 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This looks great and just what I need - Bonnie above pointed it out and here I am. Looking forward to the challenge :)
  • lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This group is super supportive. Rick the moderator has wonderful prompts and guidance. The members all share their experience and I like that. I personally have been very successful in this challenge. February will be my 10th month and I plan to continue!
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have a question. When it comes to your calories, does that mean just the calories for the day? Or the calories your allowed total due to exercise?

E.G. I am on a 1200 a day calorie diet. On Fridays I normally burn about 600-1000 calories. So do I still only eat my 1200 or can I eat up to lets say my 2200?
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Slivnfree1982, it is entirely up to you to decide how you count your calories. If it's your plan is to eat your exercise calories then you have done what you said you would do. I eat in a range depending on my workouts. :)

This is a great group!! Ya'll should join! B)
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    If you want to be super motivated to kick your old habits of making excuses this is the group for you. The members are there to cheer your successes and give you encouragement to not give up when it's hard. A few simple rules that gets you thinking about your food choices and motivates you to stay active. Rick our team leader is awesome.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    aci92c93ppw0.jpg
    Only 4 days to go before the kick-off of the February UAC.
    @Slivnfree Our team members make their own decision about 'eating back' exercise calories. Most of the team members who do high burn cardio must eat back some of their exercise calories. Other team members make their own decision based on what works for them.
    Thanks for the question. Every member makes chooses their own calorie limit too.

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    February will mark my 5th month in the challenge. IMHO, this is THE best challenge on MFP. Why?

1. It focuses on the key elements for lon-term success. (Tracking, exercise and stating within individual calorie allowance)
    2. It emphasizes consistency, not perfection.
    3. Everyone who participates can be a "winner". (In fact, everyone who continues participating until the end of the month, regardless of pass days, IS a winner regardless of whether they make the "winner's circle".)
    4. The group is large enough to sustain itself and small enough that you don't get lost in the crowd.
    5. It is comprised of people across the weight loss spectrum .. from newbies to experienced maintainers.
    6. Lastly, it us a VERY encouraging and supportive group of people

I have just achieved goal and will continue in this challenge for the foreseeable future as I learn how to live in maintenance (I sure don't want to gain the weight back after all of this hard work!)

• Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    How do i sign up?
    Bonnie told me about it and here i am ...
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    To sign up, click on this link below...

"Check us out and sign up at this link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/130876-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2019&quot;

It is a great group! I still have not made it to the winner's circle but I am okay with this. I keep trying and get a little closer each month. I am moving in the right direction and that is what matters to me.
  • JessByker
    JessByker Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    This group seems to be exactly what I need. Super excited to have this kind of accountability!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @znaoiec and @jan110144 Thanks so much for your personal stories and encouragement.

s070soxp8ndn.jpg