Success times two

Options
amandahyg
amandahyg Posts: 12 Member
:smile: Just had some great news that I needed to share.

I made my goal recently (although I keep changing the goals as I reach them) but more importantly I just took my dog to the vets for his yearly injections and he is also at his goal weight - he was 46.7 kg and today he is 35.5 kg which the vet says is perfect. Woo hoo!

He has been slimming since the vet told me he was fat two years ago but for the past 10 months we have both been running throughout the week.

He hates running but I take him for safety and now he looks brilliant :smile:

Replies

• tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That is great! I take my dog for the first mile of my walk. It is so hot right now that I bring her home so she can get water before I go back out. She is starting to slim down a little too!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well done to you and the dog :smile:
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Same with my dogs! I have 4 dogs, and 3 of them were overweight. Now it's down to 1!
  • amandahyg
    amandahyg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies - good luck to all of you and your dogs :bigsmile:
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm a nurse at a veterinary hospital, and we see soooo many overweight dogs. It always makes me sad, because I know that they arrive at that point due to the love of their owners (it's hard to say no to big brown eyes begging for treats!), but that the extra weight almost assuredly means they will have less time to share with the families that so clearly adore them. Kudos for getting your pup into shape! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!