What does the woo mean?

Options
Je55ica_79
Je55ica_79 Posts: 277 Member
So under the posts people choose a reaction but I just don't get what woo is supposed to mean...I feel a bit dumb for asking..

Replies

• laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The funniest thing is when people "woo" posts that link to scientific studies.
  • Je55ica_79
    Options
    That is confusing haha I didn't want to use it in the wrong way. I've gotten a few of them on posts throughout the board oh well if it was meant in a negative way lol
  • Je55ica_79
    Options
    Oh I looked back its because I said I drink a bottle of wine a night lately 😂🤣😂 that does deserve a woo 😎
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    MFP says that it's something too good to be true.
  • transposefitness
    transposefitness Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know that when I’ve read something incredibly closed minded I’ve hit woo a couple times. I assume it’s a negative reaction based on the face lol
  • roachrypt
    roachrypt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    lol - i always thought it meant like "woo-hoo" like a cheer emote.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    It means 10/10 would bang.

*goes and checks woo count

That one's from me ;)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    everjcjv wrote: »
    So under the posts people choose a reaction but I just don't get what woo is supposed to mean...I feel a bit dumb for asking..

Dont feel dumb, its very confusing.
    Apparently its supposed to express a reaction to debunk whatever the poster has said, pseudoscience, bad info whatever.

In chit chat a lot of people used it in a positive way, like "woo hoo" after they took the awesome button away...well then it got all mucked up and people were getting hurt feelings and stuff.

I say in chit chat it's a positive reaction (altho I dont use it anymore for fear of unintentionally hurting someones feelings). In this forum there are no real 'debates' just opinions being expressed (I think).

In the other forums, Its probably best to use it as I described in my second sentence. It will be misunderstood otherwise, Id bet you.

So a bit of leave it up to your own interpretation, IMO there is nothing to 'debunk' in chit chat conversation, thats not what we are here for.

I love woos , makes me feel all giddy ,, its like ya baby B)
    They should have a bad woo and a good woo

i356vhse6r93.png