Keto and Exercise

Only lost 5lbs in 2 weeks and killing it at gym and bootcamp. Why so slow?.....I have 3 stone to loose. Any advice much appreciated 😪

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    ackerman77 wrote: »
    Only lost 5lbs in 2 weeks and killing it at gym and bootcamp. Why so slow?.....I have 3 stone to loose. Any advice much appreciated 😪

Your answer is somewhere in here:

94i7lxn200yd.jpg
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Mostly, you need to adjust your expectations regarding what reasonable weight loss looks like. Losing 5 pounds in two weeks is definitely not slow. With the amount of weight you have to lose, about 1 lb/week is reasonable, later slowing to .5lb/week.

You don't mention food - are you logging? Exercise contributes to calories burned, but you need to be aware of calories consumed.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

Only?
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member

That's not slow... that actually quite rapid. The reality of weight loss when you have as little to lose as you do is that it's slow. You should be aiming for about .5-1lb a week. Weight loss is not a race. Those who do lose quickly typically take unsafe and unsustainable measures to get there and end up right back at square one.