I have 3 months..

Options
Hello! I have a wedding coming up (just found out) in 3.5 months and am looking for advice on how to reach my goals of getting dress ready in that time.. I have about 10lbs to lose.. body fat and a bunch of self esteem to gain.. I do NOT have access to a gym and work a job where I sit most of the day.. I also have two kids on my own and time is limited but nothing is impossible. Are there any programs you would recommend? Foods? I’m open to any suggestions!

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The 10 lbs in 3.5 months is doable.. Of course, you need to watch your calories. MFP settings can assist you in finding a calorie goal, after you input your stats.
    What is your current lifestyle? Can you make time for a gym, or would you be better off at home, running an exercise bike through training programs? With 2 kids, that would be my first option, because you can do it 'whenever' during the day. DVD workouts are great, too, if your schedule is not predictable. Just a few ideas...

Best of luck!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I would recommend avoiding the fad/quick fix diets, get a calorie goal off MFP, weigh and log everything you put in your mouth - religiously - and try to be a bit more active where possible. Read the forums for ideas too, it's a great resource.

It should be doable in that time frame, good luck.
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    youtube has great workouts, depending on how old your kids are go for walks or play at the park, ride bikes.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if you only have 10 lbs to lose you need to set your MFP to lose .5(1/2) a lb a week, you are going to have to be precise on how much you are taking in calorie wise too, and if you already dont have a food scale get one and weigh every solid and semi solid in grams, even packaged food can be off by up to 20% per serving. no two pieces of fruit even the same size will weigh the same or be the same calories. also if you can find an at home body weight workout(lots of stuff online like youtube. fitnessblender if you cant get to a gym. it will change how your body looks for the better.

There are no foods that will promote weight loss,just eat what you like(make sure you get enough protein of course) and make sure everything you eat fits into your calorie goal. 10 lbs is usually real slow coming off so dont get discouraged if it all doesnt come off but with the body weight workouts Im sure you will like how your body looks you will see some difference.
  • HealthyisMindful
    HealthyisMindful Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would do those things but I live in Ontario, Canada and it’s -20 and snowing... so my activities will have to be indoors for the most part :( but yes, I’ll check out YouTube! Just didn’t know if there was a certain program that worked for anyone?
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd also say log everything you eat and get a cheap food scale. (I got mine at canadian tire for $13 on special one week.)

It really is calories in, calories out. Track everything. I also use a Fitbit to see how much I'm doing which I find really motivating.

You'll be fine if you start logging accurately.......it works. Good luck!

I'm down 28lbs over 6 months, slow and steady and very happy!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Tanielle85 wrote: »
    I would do those things but I live in Ontario, Canada and it’s -20 and snowing... so my activities will have to be indoors for the most part :( but yes, I’ll check out YouTube! Just didn’t know if there was a certain program that worked for anyone?

its whatever you find fun to do. I recommended fitness blender because they have all kinds of workouts for free and they are not tedious to do and they range from beginner to advanced. they have all kinds from cardio to yoga,weight lifting ,etc and all different time intervals.you can also find them at fitnessblender.com

as for certain programs (if you mean workouts)what you can find you can stick to will work and for losing weight its all about the calories.its also about your limits and what you can do as well. not everyone can do a high intensity program,not everyone can run and so on and so forth.fitness blender also has modifications so if you cant do one move they will show you an easier one. just make sure to find one with a warm up and cool down as those two things are VERY important.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    To lose the weight, your calories are the thing to focus on. Set your goal to lose 0.5lbs per week, get a food scale, and start logging accurately and consistently.

You can find workouts on youtube, and if you are looking to improve your physique you might want to focus on strength training. Check out body weight programs like Nerd Fitness, Convict Conditioning, or You Are Your Own Gym.

Read the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum and Good Luck!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    To lose the weight, your calories are the thing to focus on. Set your goal to lose 0.5lbs per week, get a food scale, and start logging accurately and consistently.

You can find workouts on youtube, and if you are looking to improve your physique you might want to focus on strength training. Check out body weight programs like Nerd Fitness, Convict Conditioning, or You Are Your Own Gym.

Read the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum and Good Luck!

you must have been typing this when I posted mine lol great minds and all
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

You don't need to exercise to lose weight. You just need to be in a calorie deficit. Period. With only 10lbs to lose, you need to weigh every single thing you put in your mouth to get your calorie count as accurate as you can.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited January 2019
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »

You don't need to exercise to lose weight. You just need to be in a calorie deficit. Period. With only 10lbs to lose, you need to weigh every single thing you put in your mouth to get your calorie count as accurate as you can.

while no you dont need exercise. exercise can help with how her body looks especially if she uses body weight/weight training. and I said above in my post that its all about the calories for weight loss