Help with night snacking

Options
Just wondering how people avoid being hungry hours after dinner and don’t snack? I eat dinner at roughly 5:30 and by 8:30 I’m incredibly hungry and end up eating again... which makes losing weight difficult... any advice?

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner pretty late most nights so I often don't even get hungry. But if I did eat dinner at 530 I would probably save some calories for a late night snack. I sleep better when my belly isn't hungry.

Eating late does not prevent weight loss, if that is what your goal is
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Is there any way you could eat dinner later? If not, plan ahead for a substantial but lower calorie snack later in the evening. Something with protein and a little fat is more filling for me than carbs. Greek yogurt with berries, cottage cheese, half an apple with peanut butter are all snacks that have worked for me in the past, but you will want to pick foods you enjoy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Tanielle85 wrote: »
    Just wondering how people avoid being hungry hours after dinner and don’t snack? I eat dinner at roughly 5:30 and by 8:30 I’m incredibly hungry and end up eating again... which makes losing weight difficult... any advice?

I would be starving eating at that time too.

Either eat later or save some cals through the day for an 8pm snack?
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Tanielle85 wrote: »

I would be starving eating at that time too.

Either eat later or save some cals through the day for an 8pm snack?

^ Oh yes!! The Toad, she knows you know!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    I just snack. i plan for it in my daily calorie allowance.
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    typical digestion takes 2.5 to 3 hours so yes by 8:30, 3 hours will have passed and you are likely going to be hungry. Try adjusting your intake at dinner to allow for a snack later that evening.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You could also try changing up your dinner so that it’s more satisfying. More protein, a little more fat. Maybe your dinner calories are too low?

My biggest meal is always dinner; I keep breakfast and lunch small so I can feel satisfied after my evening meal!
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    But I plan to snack after dinner too 😂 100-150 cal breakfast, 400-500 cal lunch, 100-200 cal afternoon snack, 600-700 calorie dinner, 100-200 calorie snack after dinner, is what it usually comes out to.