Invisible friend

Options
Does anyone have an invisible friend?

My son introduced us to "Tony" when he was 2. I think he really knew what the gig was and just invented Tony to jag us.

Anyway, I was thinking that an invisible friend might be helpful when willpower starts to fade....at a feast, late at night, whenever the need calls for....TONY. So do you use some unseen support when MFP is not available?

Replies

• Bert
    Bert Posts: 27
    Options
    Does anyone have an invisible friend?

My son introduced us to "Tony" when he was 2. I think he really knew what the gig was and just invented Tony to jag us.

Anyway, I was thinking that an invisible friend might be helpful when willpower starts to fade....at a feast, late at night, whenever the need calls for....TONY. So do you use some unseen support when MFP is not available?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My unseen support is the little angel on my shoulder telling me not to listen to the little devil on my other shoulder when he is saying "sure go ahead, have more of that, don't worry about it" :happy: :happy: :tongue:

Take care!! :flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Ok, I know I will regret this...

I had an imaginary friend as a child. His name was Ton'ta and he was a little indian boy that lived in the woods next to our house. He used to do everything with me. He was my best friend, even if he did do mean things sometimes, like unroll the toilet paper, leave my toys out, and forget to pick up my clothes...I mean he threw my clothes out all over my room! :laugh:

My mom still laughs about it to this day. I guess I was a highly imaginative child. Ton'ta mysteriously disappeared shortly after my little brother was born. Guess he didn't like the competition.

As far as support, I use the only support I need. My faith in my savior and Lord Jesus Christ. He's always with me and always willing to listen, even when I need the extra pump up not to eat that dilly bar. I'm blessed to know that even if he's invisible, he's most definately not imaginary. :wink:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I use the support of the fat girl bras I've been having to wear since my boyfriend helped me get fat. I went from a 32B to a 38B. When I work out I think about my cute skinny girl bras and my skinny girl jeans.

In essence, Victoria's Secret is my imaginary friend.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I use the support of the fat girl bras I've been having to wear since my boyfriend helped me get fat. I went from a 32B to a 38B. When I work out I think about my cute skinny girl bras and my skinny girl jeans.

:laugh: I know exactly what you mean!

Sometimes I use the scale as an imaginary friend.
  • carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    >>>As far as support, I use the only support I need. My faith in my savior and Lord Jesus Christ. He's always with me and always willing to listen, even when I need the extra pump up not to eat that dilly bar. I'm blessed to know that even if he's invisible, he's most definately not imaginary. wink>>>

Amen!

It is wonderful to know that my "invisible friend" is shared by many others of you!

God be with thee!

Love,
    Carrie
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

Same here, she started out as my enemy but now that the weight is off and the toning up is there we have become best friends. :laugh:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    After Sgt Invincible aka Mr. Smooth shared about his invisible friend, I just HAD to share with yáll about my childhood fantasy. Here goes:

One day, walking to school ALONE after an unfortunate argument with my best friend, I ingeniously invented an imaginary LIFE! I was only about 10 years old, but it solved all of life's problems of the day. I imagined that I was in fact, the Queen of the World. .....(I will pause here to let that sink in a bit) .............. OK , The powers that be had decided that if I were to become the wise and wonderful queen that I need to be to reign over the entire world, I should not grow up being pampered and living in the lap of luxury. No, in their wisdom, they decided that I should grow up in a very average American home, and experience the life of the "commoner." It was a wonderful plan, was it not?

Of course, in order for me to receive the full benefit of this normal upbringing, I could not know who I was. I was placed with a carefully chosen family, who were obviously most blessed and grateful to be able to play the roles of my family. And my best friend....well, you can only imagine the honor she felt, and the resultant pain of having to pretend to be mad at me when in truth, she adored her queen!

I specifically remember standing next to the very mature 8th-grade crossing guard that day, waiting to cross the street to the schoolyard, thinking how he was excited that the very Queen of the World was just a few inches away, but he could show no emotion, in fact he had to act as if he didn't know I existed (he played his role very convincingly!).

Now, all that being said, I know now that I am not, in fact, Queen of the World, and like SgtInvincible and Carriella, I know who is my King and Savior! YAY!!! But, I could NOT resist sharing this story.

Hmmmmm, maybe if I WERE Queen of the World, I could get one of my servants/slaves/go-fers to do my exercising for me!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    After Sgt Invincible aka Mr. Smooth shared about his invisible friend, I just HAD to share with yáll about my childhood fantasy. Here goes:

One day, walking to school ALONE after an unfortunate argument with my best friend, I ingeniously invented an imaginary LIFE! I was only about 10 years old, but it solved all of life's problems of the day. I imagined that I was in fact, the Queen of the World. .....(I will pause here to let that sink in a bit) .............. OK , The powers that be had decided that if I were to become the wise and wonderful queen that I need to be to reign over the entire world, I should not grow up being pampered and living in the lap of luxury. No, in their wisdom, they decided that I should grow up in a very average American home, and experience the life of the "commoner." It was a wonderful plan, was it not?

Of course, in order for me to receive the full benefit of this normal upbringing, I could not know who I was. I was placed with a carefully chosen family, who were obviously most blessed and grateful to be able to play the roles of my family. And my best friend....well, you can only imagine the honor she felt, and the resultant pain of having to pretend to be mad at me when in truth, she adored her queen!

I specifically remember standing next to the very mature 8th-grade crossing guard that day, waiting to cross the street to the schoolyard, thinking how he was excited that the very Queen of the World was just a few inches away, but he could show no emotion, in fact he had to act as if he didn't know I existed (he played his role very convincingly!).

Now, all that being said, I know now that I am not, in fact, Queen of the World, and like SgtInvincible and Carriella, I know who is my King and Savior! YAY!!! But, I could NOT resist sharing this story.

Hmmmmm, maybe if I WERE Queen of the World, I could get one of my servants/slaves/go-fers to do my exercising for me!

:laugh:

That story is hilariously wonderful. The only imaginary life I had as a kid was that I was really Han Solo, but instead of Chewbacca being my best friend, my best friend was Mr. T.

I still wish Mr. T was my best friend. :sad:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    The Lord is my support. When I accepted him as my personal Savior, He told me he would never leave me nor forsake me. He's kept His word. He's always there for me no matter what.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Amen. :smile:
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    I had an imaginary friend when I was growing up. His name was George. I called him Georgie. I blamed him for the bad things that I did or would tell my parent's that it was George that made me do it. I vaguely remember there being a girl as well. I played with her sometimes, but I don't remember her name. The last thing I remember about them is my parent's telling me that they were not real and it was inappropriate for me to continue to talk about them. They told me to stop referring to them that they were not real. I don't recall the age, but I grew out of them per se.