Lost 37 pounds! Still feel disgusting!

Options
So I was always thin and when i hit 23, i started packing on the pounds. I got up to 195, then started losing weight last May (about 8 months ago). I’m down to 157, from a tight size 12 to a size 6. Everyone has been complimenting me nonstop but I still feel “fat”. Like the person in the mirror isn’t me. I have this insane fear that I’m going to gain weight and it keeps me from eating sometimes or having cocktails occasionally, which i used to enjoy. Has anyone overcome this?! What can I do!!!? I feel guilty even saying this because a year ago I would have HATED someone for saying it.

Replies

• JJYoyo
    JJYoyo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's easy to feel that you can slip back intro old habits, so you need a way to think about yourself that isn't "thinking about yourself" if that makes sense. so 1) remember, you accomplished the weight loss. It's an achievement, so the image in the mirror really is you! 2) focus on something else -- like, what you can do physically/athletically now, versus when you were heavier. Cherish what you can do now, and let your decisions be guided by that, rather than fear. 3) Every morning, remember: always look forward, never back. Hope those ideas help!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Love yourself -- if you cannot love yourself when you have extra weight, getting to your goal will not be a magical moment.

Life is fleeting, and if weight loss has taught me anything, it has taught me that I am in control of how I react to the situations I'm in. Whether that's how much food I eat, or what decisions I make regarding exercise, or how I view myself. I can let the environment drive me, or I can drive myself through my environment.

I choose to drive! Find the positive. It's there! Good luck to you. :)

SO MUCH THIS ❤️
  • lrcap
    lrcap Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a mental picture of myself that doesn’t ever seem to change. That makes it easier to slip up and go back to old habits. I once saw a picture of me sitting with my daughter while we were away for a weekend. I asked her who she was sitting with. When she said it was me I had to look hard to see myself. Now I find keeping a current picture helps
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!