Cramps in my calves, doing something wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I currently alternate between my New Balance All Terrains & trusty Adidas because I thought having alot of support was best, shows what I know. So my Chucks would be better? Thanks again!

If they're comfy, sure. Some people need support for certain activities like running, but it's not a universal requirement. If your feet don't hurt, you're fine.

You should know within a day or two if the hourly stretching is helping. :+1:
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If you have sore calves, that is not the time to switch to a zero drop shoe! If your calves are tight and crampy, I would roll them out every day. Foam roller or trigger point ball (or tennis ball) can be super helpful.

The odds of you not getting enough electrolytes are very slim if you are not restricting sodium, but by all means, eat more fruit and veg to increase your potassium intake.

Muscular cramping is more associated with fatigue than anything else. There's a lot of hoodoo out there on cramping electrolytes, hydration, etc. It should get better as you adapt to the training load.