TRX

Options
I am thinking of purchasing an at home kit. Does anyone have one and what are your thoughts?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    TRX is the devil in disguise - i love it but dang it can hurt - i need to invest in a home kit
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it! I use it for a full workout , to substitute exercises in another workout, and sometimes just for warm up or post stretching. I suggest that you take some classes to see if you like it and to learn proper form. If that’s not possible, there are tons of videos on YT. Proper form is very important, as it is with most exercises. Have fun!
  • Hyacinth_Hippo
    Hyacinth_Hippo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bought a knock-off brand one that fits into a door frame because I couldn't hang the kit at my old apartment. I used it a lot in my old space, but now I don't have the right set up/ space for it. Make sure you have enough room wherever you install it to actually be able to do all the moved you want.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I have a knock-off brand, Woss. It doesn't have as much adjustability as the name brand TRX straps, but it's fine for most things. I primarily use it for core work lately, though I follow a video workout every so often. There's a "TRX Force Tactical" workout series that is killer.

I really enjoyed TRX classes at the gym - they were some of the most challenging I tried - but I don't find myself using my home straps as often as I'd expected.
  • lorrpb
    edited January 2019
    Options
    TRX comes with a door anchor. The space can be tight for certain moves when my back is to the door. Even when hanging from a rafter, space is tight for other things because of the way my space is arranged. Not TRX's fault. So I do the moves that I have enough room for.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    The TRX center point mounting is odd to me. I have a jungle gym XT suspension trainer. The straps are mounted to the ceiling. This set up has worked well for my needs ; dips, inverted rows, etc. If I did it all over again I would probably just buy gymastic rings, far less money than any suspension trainer.
  • lorrpb
    Options
    TRX has a split design also, depending on your needs. It's called the DUO.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your help. I am just getting back to it and with my hours at work the gym is not possible at the moment. Room is not an issue, I am just trying to find the right solution.
  • deetucker70
    deetucker70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a knockoff I got on Amazon for around $25. I didn’t want to hang from ceiling mount so I just hang it from the pull up bar on my squat cage. Works great. So many different exercises you can do!
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I have a full TRX system and really like it. I use it for certain lower body exercises like pistol squats or for other modified exercises I don't have the equipment for. It's a nice addition for home workouts.