When an old photo emerges

Options
Emma33021
Emma33021 Posts: 71 Member
Every now and then I come across and old photo on my phone and then I am amazed at how much I’ve achieved over the past 3 years or so.
Left: my highest weight, cca 264 lbs
Right: yesterday at 209 lbs.
I have come down to 210 lbs in June 2016 and been maintaining since then (+/- 3 lbs). But beenmore focused on weight lifting and I have gained a lot of strength and built endurance since then. I feel great and determined to lose another 15-20 lbs. 79z2rn5anbl6.jpeg

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You look great! I tend to get a shock when I look at old photos.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You look great!

I have a photo on my fridge from about two years ago. It's actually a newspaper clipping of my whole family so the kids like to keep it up. I just see my fat face in it every time!

I'm down 25lbs from that pic and still working on more. It does work as a good reminder when I'm tempted to get a snack, so I guess old pics can have a purpose! 🤣
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My best friend is getting married and wanted me to find some old photos from us at college for decoration, so I dug through my hard drive. I'm completely unrecognisable in them so it'll be interesting to see if any of the other guests work out who I am.
  • cherylfox
    cherylfox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great.
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean and t is so inspirational to yourself when you can see what has been achieved Well done
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me this weekend! My husband pulled out an old photo album from 2001, pre-kids, when I probably should have looked my best and I can't get over how much bigger I was back then. Three kids later, I look better at almost 40 than I did at 22! What a boost!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    209lbs look great on you. great progress!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Very impressive.

I have very few photos of myself at heavier weights, because I shied away from having full body photos taken. Most of my photos are just of my face and maybe shoulders, so it's kind of deceiving in a way. In the old photos, I look 30 lb heavier rather than the actual 130 lb heavier.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You've done really well and I can appreciate that it took some time! Losing slow is hard, but so worth it!
  • LeslieHuggins
    LeslieHuggins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Keep up the good work. I had the reverse happen. An old co-worker gave my husband a couple pictures of me from 2004. I was not skinny, by any means, but I looked good. I want to look that way again, or better!! They are hanging on a frig. Have already stopped me more than once!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!