Any body fat loss tips for women??

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Same tips as for men.

Buy a digital scale, use it, log your food, eat at a reasonable caloric deficit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    For women, I recommend Fat Loss Factor, a well-rounded, realistic fat loss program, found here:

www.getslimquick.net

I also recommend, for creating the body you want beyond fat loss, Visual Impact for Women, found here:

www.hotfitbody.com

Best of luck to you!

What is wrong with logging on this FREE site and eating to a reasonable caloric deficit, preferably while doing some resistance training?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Two years ago, I weighed myself at 189 pounds (at this point about 5'4" or 5'3.5") and said no more. By the end of the year my lowest weight was 158 pounds. But after going through a year's worth of nausea-related illness (so much so that I had to drop out of school,) I ballooned back out to 185 pounds, and grew a couple of inches as well.This was a shock to me, though since I'd fallen off the wagon in terms of calorie counting and exercise (still usually only eating at most 1600 calories a day, however) it shouldn't have been.

Weeks of walking 3-4 miles every day and even going through annual marching band camp (spending 3-4 hours out marching in the heat every day) and counting calories as close as possible, along with trying a variety of different weight loss pills and approaches, and I'm starting to feel sick over it. I weighed myself a few days ago and I was at 182 at around lunchtime. I have hardly lost anything.

It is possible that perhaps I have lost body fat but gained muscle, though I am not sure how I would determine this. I am in truth just sitting here feeling sick all around because I'm not eating enough but I'm also not feeling healthy enough, either.

To put things frankly I am wondering what I can do to try and fix things. I'm female, and my chest area is particularly 'well-endowed,' something that runs in the family regardless of weight, but I don't think that could really contribute too much to my weight. Is there a different approach that women need to take for this kind of drastic fat loss? Are there certain foods that might help speed up my metabolism? I tried the CLA 1300 body fat to muscle mass pills for a few months, but in the past week I've switched to acai berry diet pills in the hopes that they will show better results. Lunch is substituted with a weight loss shake every day and my breakfasts are usually tiny - a fruit or something similar.

So long story short - does anyone have any advice??? :( I'm really sorry to flood the forums with this kind of post, as I'm sure it's posted once an hour or so.

Here's the only piece of advice you need right now - track your calories. Your diary is empty. If you want to lose weight, track every bite you eat and stay just at your calorie goal.

Start there. If you track every single bite, every single day over a period of 6 weeks and you STILL don't lose weight, come back and ask your question again.

But first, do the work required by this program.

Quoted for emphasis.
  • primpixie
    Options
    Hello there,
    I am replying as I am worried about the diet pill route - they are basically either amphetamines or a a complete waste of money - a con.
    There is a view that eating overly ripe banana's can add to stomach and body fat; but as a lot of people have answered already a deficit diet is the only way really, with as much exercise as you can manage. This however, does not need to be hours of gym work. It is better to do a little and often, along with a food pattern in a similar vein. By doing a little often, your heart rate stays up for longer, and keeps that way too. So for example, today I cleaned the bathroom, then sat for a bit and checked my emails, then cleared the kitchen, then had lunch, then did some recycling and sweeping.
    Food wise, try and eat more for breakfast or your body goes into starvation mode and will cling onto any fat or carbs it can to keep you going, thereby not allowing you to lose any weight. I'm not sure if having a shake for lunch is good either, as it is not a long-term scheme that can be kept up. You need to have a life plan, not a hoilday diet.
    Hope this all helps.
    PP
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    Most women don't want to hear it but here it goes:

1. You need to build a strong metabolism. Yes that means eating more so your body gets accustomed to higher caloric intakes. Caloric increases can be done very gradually over a longer period of time, so as not to gain body fat.

2. Build some muscle tissue, which will help spend more calories too. Heavy weight training here is key. No you will not get bulky due to hormonal profile differences between genders. Women who do get bulky are supplementing with external chemicals

3. Stop the cardio (told you you wouldn't want to hear it). Steady-state cardio has a highly adaptive component for it, meaning your body's metabolism will lower to compensate for the consistent expenditures

4. Proper ratio of macronutrients is key for body composition and performance (fats vs carbs vs protein)

5. Slow, controlled dieting. Too many people drop their calories substantially, too fast, which leaves no room to work with down the line when a plateau inevitably occurs

6. Lose the liquid food, juices, protein shakes. Liquid food does not satiate hunger properly like whole, solid food does. When you're cutting at advanced stages you want the smaller amounts of food to keep you full. So lose those.

Proper implementation of all these components will yield results. The problem is the mainstream attitude and media brainwashing women they need to be on sub 1000 calories daily. Insane and unsustainable.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    For women, I recommend Fat Loss Factor, a well-rounded, realistic fat loss program, found here:

www.getslimquick.net

I also recommend, for creating the body you want beyond fat loss, Visual Impact for Women, found here:

www.hotfitbody.com

Best of luck to you!

What is wrong with logging on this FREE site and eating to a reasonable caloric deficit, preferably while doing some resistance training?
    Great advice.

You don't need expensive programs or weight loss pills -- the only cash you need to shell out (if you haven't done so already) is for a food scale. I bought mine on Amazon for $5.

Best wishes!
  • BabyNurseJen
    BabyNurseJen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you have some extra money (which you do if you're spending it on diet pills), I'd recommend looking into a bodymedia fit, fitbit, jawbone whatever they have, something like that. I got one (bodymedia fit) about a month ago, and for the first time I feel in complete control over my weight loss. All the guesswork is gone. I know very close to accurately how much I burn, and I know with equal accuracy how much I eat thanks to MFP.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    eat at a moderate deficit and strength train. it's really that simple.

Well, and you have to be honest about your portion sizes and exertion levels.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Stop with these stupid pills. No you have not gained muscle. Eat clean and exercise. Period. The weight will come off. There is no magic secret or magic pill. Eat less-move more. Ta da!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hello there,
    I am replying as I am worried about the diet pill route - they are basically either amphetamines or a a complete waste of money - a con.
    There is a view that eating overly ripe banana's can add to stomach and body fat; but as a lot of people have answered already a deficit diet is the only way really, with as much exercise as you can manage. This however, does not need to be hours of gym work. It is better to do a little and often, along with a food pattern in a similar vein. By doing a little often, your heart rate stays up for longer, and keeps that way too. So for example, today I cleaned the bathroom, then sat for a bit and checked my emails, then cleared the kitchen, then had lunch, then did some recycling and sweeping.
    PP

Are you freakin kidding me????? ????
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    bump to read later.
  • areksz
    areksz Posts: 5
    Options
    I would recommend staying away from cardio. Studies say that cardio might actually make us put on weight in additon to damaging the heart, back as well as the joints not too mention that it accelerates the aging process. Personally, I stick to something called turbulence training which only requires 90 minutes per week. So far I lost over 10 pounds in over a month with some small modification in my diet which doesn't include starvation or anything like that.

Researchers at East Tennessee State University compared Turbulence Training-style workouts against long, slow and boring cardio.
    After 8 weeks of training, they found that the TT-style workout burned 200% more fat than the long, slow boring cardio.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Embrace math. Math is your friend.

Ingest fewer calories than you expend, CONSISTENTLY, and you'll lose weight.

That's all there is to it. All this BS about "slow metabolism" and "starvation mode" and "you're not eating enough calories!!!111!!!!" is just sound and fury, signifying nothing. Embrace the math.

And that means knowing that your numbers are accurate. Make sure they are. Find out what your total daily energy expenditure REALLY is. Track assiduously your calorie intake—no exceptions and no estimates. Make sure the calorie intake is at least 10-20% lower than the total daily energy expenditure. If you exercise, make sure you don't overestimate the calories expended in exercise, and make sure you haven't already allowed for those calories in your total daily energy expenditure number.

Make the math work for you, and you'll lose weight. You can't break the laws of physics.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I would recommend staying away from cardio. Studies say that cardio might actually make us put on weight in additon to damaging the heart, back as well as the joints not too mention that it accelerates the aging process. Personally, I stick to something called turbulence training which only requires 90 minutes per week. So far I lost over 10 pounds in over a month with some small modification in my diet which doesn't include starvation or anything like that.

Researchers at East Tennessee State University compared Turbulence Training-style workouts against long, slow and boring cardio.
    After 8 weeks of training, they found that the TT-style workout burned 200% more fat than the long, slow boring cardio.

Cardio makes you put on weight? Where are these studies? Cardiovascular training is bad for your heart? Really?
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    just hoping the person advising against cardio will follow up. I, too, would love to read these studies!
  • Sagit775
    Options
    It seems like you're not eating enough! I know it sounds contrary to losing weight, but the way you march for hours in the heat, you definitely need to feed your body and hydrate yourself. Are you eating the right foods? Monitor your calorie intake and keep to a minimum the quick carbs like sugar, white flour, rice, potatoes, bread (whole wheat), and instead eat lots of veggies for carbs which you need for energy, mostly the cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts. Also, hydration is extremely important in causing fat loss so make sure you're drinking enough water.

I would suggest you check out http://weightandfatlossresults.com. This could be a big help to you
  • LuvLosing
    Options
    I totally agree that losing weight successfully requires a sensible diet and active lifestyle. I find that 5 smaller meals per day work better for me, as well as 10 minutes of walking (exercise) whenever I can fit it in. Also drinking 8 full glasses of water per day, fills you up and flushes the toxins from your body.

Have you heard of the fat loss factor program? Dr. Charles is a nutritionist who has helped thousands of people (of all ages) lose weight and fat. There is no magic formula or pill for permanent weight loss. Real weight loss programs require you to make better food choices, as well as providing excellent support and exercises/.

To find out more about the fat loss program. check out the link below.

http://fatlossfactorsbooks.com
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Embrace math. Math is your friend.

Ingest fewer calories than you expend, CONSISTENTLY, and you'll lose weight.

That's all there is to it. All this BS about "slow metabolism" and "starvation mode" and "you're not eating enough calories!!!111!!!!" is just sound and fury, signifying nothing. Embrace the math.

And that means knowing that your numbers are accurate. Make sure they are. Find out what your total daily energy expenditure REALLY is. Track assiduously your calorie intake—no exceptions and no estimates. Make sure the calorie intake is at least 10-20% lower than the total daily energy expenditure. If you exercise, make sure you don't overestimate the calories expended in exercise, and make sure you haven't already allowed for those calories in your total daily energy expenditure number.

Make the math work for you, and you'll lose weight. You can't break the laws of physics.

THIS.

If you were eating at deficit you'd be losing weight. The "starvation mode" only happens when you get to a really low point and it's all about surviving with the little of what you have. It doesn't happen when you are still overweight. Sorry, but that's not true.

Count your calories. Weight your food. Every single of it. You add lemon to the salad? Include that, Balsamic vinegar, also (you have no idea how many cals the little devil has!). I can bet that even if you think that you're eating controlling the calories, you are eating much more than the servings. You have to be realistic.

Slow metabolism? Unless you have a medical issue, I don't believe on that.

I think what is happening to you is that you do a lot of activities during the day, and hence you are more hungry (totally understndable), so you might eat bigger amounts of "healthy" food and boom.. that's where the calories are.

Count them all, Weight them all. And keep with the exercising and I can assure you that you will lose weight..

Cheers!
  • Sagit775
    Options
    I say no to diet pills also! Strength training really helps because muscles burn more fat. But just eat healthy, don't starve yourself, with lots of veggies, especially the cruciferous ones like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts, along with lean meats, chicken and fish (not farm raised) and portion control (this can be a biggie).

For some help with losing weight check out http://weightandfatlossresults.com .
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ETA just a few months old...bah