Issues with weight gain

Anyone experience issues with weight gain, OR trying to maintain weight. Eat so much but it never shows. Anyone have any problems if so what are you doing to maintain the weight! I need answers.

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    How are you measuring your intake? Have you calculated your TDEE to know how much you need to eat to maintain your weight?
  • ajjackson822
    ajjackson822 Posts: 1 Member
    Yes always been underweight no matter what I eat. I’ve found I have to eat clean and work out to gain anything at all. I’m 5’5 and about 100 lbs. It was recommended for me to eat 2000 calories to gain but I’ve been trying to get in more than that from 2200-2600. Documenting what you eat helps because you’re more likely to align with your goals if you have to write it down.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Yes always been underweight no matter what I eat. I’ve found I have to eat clean and work out to gain anything at all. I’m 5’5 and about 100 lbs. It was recommended for me to eat 2000 calories to gain but I’ve been trying to get in more than that from 2200-2600. Documenting what you eat helps because you’re more likely to align with your goals if you have to write it down.

It was recommended by who? My fitness pal? Are you eating back all of your exercise calories? Are you using a food scale to make sure you're eating at a calorie surplus? If you're eating more than your burning theres really no reason you shouldn't be gaining. Eating "clean" doesnt really mean anything.
  • Goal60kg2019
    Goal60kg2019 Posts: 5 Member
    @Teabythesea_
    I’ve been skinny my whole life.Its almost 1 week since I joined this app.Honestly I’m to eat 2000 but I mostly add 300more.I haven’t seen a change yet and I feel discouraged 😢😢.Is it normal?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    @Teabythesea_
    I’ve been skinny my whole life.Its almost 1 week since I joined this app.Honestly I’m to eat 2000 but I mostly add 300more.I haven’t seen a change yet and I feel discouraged 😢😢.Is it normal?

Ideally, you would want to track weight over a few weeks. If you don't see an increase, then you would be correct with adding another 300 calories.