Herbalife not a single pound lost!!! HELP

Options
Hi.
This is my 4th week of Herbalife.
I have lost 2 kg on my 2nd week from which I gained back last week and I remain the same.
I walk 1 hr a day, eat one meal (lunch) a day, drink water and herb tea & aloe shots.
I only snack a few nuts or fruits and drink water.
I don't understand what is it that I'm doing wrong.
Everyone seems to be losing fast but why not me?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    hmmmm herbablife is not working, shocking...

Do they offer a refund?
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Its because your on herbalife...
  • mjga2043
    mjga2043 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Why is this a Success Story?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

pfff i just realized that ...

Maybe they should add an 'epic failure' category for failed fad diets...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Definitely need that!

OP: Quit the Herbalife and eat real food, at a calorie deficit. Guaranteed to work.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

OP: Quit the Herbalife and eat real food, at a calorie deficit. Guaranteed to work.

yup.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I have lost 2 kg on my 2nd week from which I gained back last week and I remain the same.
    I walk 1 hr a day, eat one meal (lunch) a day, drink water and herb tea & aloe shots.

Did i read that right "only eat one meal a day"? If that is the case omg no wonder you are having issues. Sounds to me like you are starving your body. Do you know what your calorie intake is on a daily basis? Seems that your body is in starvation mode
  • swati37
    swati37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi.

because ur taking a easy way out... ur starving yourself... instead eat healthy workout .. u might loose slowly but it will be better for your body..
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    WHAT? herbalife is not working? can't be.....
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Herbalife is a trap ..
  • staythin4eva
    staythin4eva Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Just to be clear...
    I'm eating about 1200~1500 calories a day.
    Drinking lots of water, I snack fruits and veggies as well as some nuts.
    I'm taking the shakes breakfast & dinner.
    For lunch I usually eat chicken salad or light sandwiches (anything as healthy as possible).
    I walk 1 hr a day (I believe this is a good workout)
    But I haven't lost anything after 3 weeks. This is my 4th week.
    I have 29.8% body fat and I'm only 5'4 136 lbs. I'm usually 118 lbs.
    Any suggestions?
  • coachashton
    Options
    Hey,

Tell me more about you. Where are you at now and what is your goal? Are you doing anything for exercise?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Just to be clear...
    For lunch I usually eat chicken salad or light sandwiches (anything as healthy as possible).
    Any suggestions?

I will stand by my original statement. Quit the Herbalife and eat real food, at a deficit. It's guaranteed to work.

And if that's not enough of a suggestion, weigh/measure every single piece of food that enters your body and log it onto MFP. Log your daily food intake every single day, honestly and truthfully.

Do this and it's guaranteed to make you lose weight. GUARANTEED. No gimmicks, no extra supplements, no free shipping, but wait if you order in the next 15 minutes we'll throw in a pair of Ginzu knives. It's GUARANTEED to work, if you eat normal food within your calorie goal, at a deficit.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Honestly you are going to have to be on your own sooner or later. Kick Herbalife before it messes up your body. Real food is the only way to live a healthy and thinner life.
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In desperation I tried using herbalife for a few months. I had a friend who sold the stuff and swore by it. Yes it did help me drop a few lbs but it wasn't long before I started to hate the shakes. I just love real food too much and hated eating through a straw all the time. And it was sooo expensive! It cost me $200 a month! To get a discount my friend convinced me to sign up as a distributor and still it cost $180 for every order. Even after you lose all the weight, they want you to maintain it by continuing to have one shake a day to replace a meal. Do you know why? Because after all that weight loss, you haven't learned a single thing about how to eat right and once you go back to eating the same way you did before, the weight piles right back on. So then what? You continue buying for the rest of your life? Thats why they call it HerbaLIFE in my opinion. I knew that it wasn't going to be a long term solution for me so I just stopped and thought to myself "What is it about these shakes that help people to lose weight?". The answer is that they are low calorie and high in protein. Thats it. Thats the only magic they have in them. But you know what else can be low calorie and high protein? FOOD! Glorious, wonderful tasty FOOD! So I quit buying that junk and started eating right. Low and behold I lost weight! Lots of weight. And i'm not super worried about gaining it all back as is often the case when someone stops using Herbalife. I'm not worried because this has been a lifestyle change that is easy for me to maintain now that I know how to eat properly. So here I am, an HERBALIFE DISTRIBUTOR telling you not to buy that crap anymore. I went to the meetings and seminars with my friend at her request to learn all about the product while I was using it but to this day have not attempted to sell to a single person because I know that its a scam and I can't in good conscience prey on the desperation of people willing to shell out hundreds of dollars to lose a few lbs. Save your money, please.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Diets do not work. I am sorry. They just don't. If your hope and objective is to lose weight and keep it off, then you need to stop investing your time, energy and money in diets.

Count your calories. Get regular exercise. And most importantly, commit yourself to living this way forever. Slow and steady weight loss is what you should be aiming for. Even if it is just a lb or 2 a week.

That is the secret. I'm serious. That's it.

Good luck!
    MB
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    What is your one meal you are having a day? Some people think they can just beast to no end during that one meal...

Are you exercising at all? What were you eating before herbalife?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Just to be clear...
    Any suggestions?

Your BMR is 1320 (the amount they would feed you if you were in a coma)
    Your TDEE is 1815 (your maintenance amount, where you would not gain or lose any weight)
    A 15% cut is 1542 (15% cut is appropriate for the amount of weight you say you want to lose)

The above is based on a setting of "light exercise 1-3x per week"

If you are more like "moderate exercise 3-5x per week" then your TDEE is 2046, and 15% cut is 1739.

My guess is that walking for an hour every day would fall somewhere between the two above numbers.

Eat 1500 calories a day of real food for awhile and see how that goes. 1200-1300 is too low.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other members. I love real food too much. Plus, as stated on this thread, Herbalife or Herbal Magic...these things don't help you learn proper ways of eating.

Today I started my third week on MFP, and I cannot tell you how much I love to experiment with different types of food - Real Food.

Which reminds me, I am looking forward to my vegetarian spring rolls and plum sauce tonight :) as well as a great filled veggie wrap :)