Simple Zucchini

Options
dvelocity
dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
I am having a BBQ hamburger for dinner tonight and have some Zucchini that I would like to have along side it. I don't eat zucchini very often. What are your favorite ways to prepare Zucchini that is fast and easy?

Replies

• jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I usually slice them, brush them with olive oil and grill them. Season as you like. Oh and my daughter makes zucchini bread out of them as well, great stuff!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    If you're making the burgers on the grill you can slice the zuchinni and grill it along with the burgers. Just season the slices while they're on the grill. You can also use a little steak sauce on them after they're grilled for a little extra flavor
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I cut it into planks - about 4" long and about 1/2" thick. I spray it with a little butter flavored canola oil and then sprinkle with Morton's Seasoned Salt. Grill about 5 mins on each side.

It's on my menu tonight!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    If you're making the burgers on the grill you can slice the zuchinni and grill it along with the burgers. Just season the slices while they're on the grill. You can also use a little steak sauce on them after they're grilled for a little extra flavor
    That's what I do... Except the steak sauce!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I often just thinly slice Zucchini, sprinkler it with some salt, pepper, and McMolly Butter, and steam it. After it's cooked, I stir in a little bit of Parmesan cheese.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
  • dvelocity
    Options
    The Zucchini fries look delicious. I normally do slices so I think wedges are going to win out for tonight.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Last night I made Skinny Taste's Mexican Zucchini...simple and soooooo good! Ate it again today for lunch. Go to the website for recipe
  • dvelocity
    Options
    definately going to try mexican zucchini but not tonight I don't have any of the queso at home.