question about burning off junk food

Options
I am planning on going to the fair this weekend so I will be eating curly fries and cotton candy. I am trying to "break even" calorie wise. I want to burn off the calories from the fair, but I what is the best way to do that? exercise before the fair or after? I was guessing after because my body would have all the stored carbs from the fair, so I would be able to burn those off.

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd work out before because after walking around and eating junk, the last thing I'd want is to go work out. Then I'd be able to put my all in my workout.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    If you are working out hard and keeping a good diet the rest of the time then don't worry about it. One day of excess will make only a minuscule amount of difference and life is too short not to enjoy it to its fullest once in a while.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If you are working out hard and keeping a good diet the rest of the time then don't worry about it. One day of excess will make only a minuscule amount of difference and life is too short not to enjoy it to its fullest once in a while.
    Agree with this, just try to eat the "junk food" in moderation. Forgetting about the calories, that stuff is just bad for you.
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would go ahead and exercise prior to the fair just so it is done. Then at the fair just enjoy yourself. If your boyfriend will be enjoying the same foods as you, maybe you can share so that you get the taste but not all the calories. I personally love mini donuts, funnel cakes etc but I always get them and share with the whole family. That way I get to enjoy the taste and don't feel bad about eating the whole thing.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'd work out beforehand. There's nothing worse than the weight of knowing you have to workout no matter what or go in the red - especially if you end up tired and cranky.

The reality is it doesn't matter. You won't literally be burning off that junk food. You'll just be burning close to the same amount of calories as you ate so it'll equal out in the end.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    One day of excess will make only a minuscule amount of difference and life is too short not to enjoy it to its fullest once in a while.

Bravo, sir!