Calorie Projection Query

Options
My calorie projection is now showing as follows

Garmin Connect Calories Burned
Full Day Projection
(Based on 1195 calories burned as of 6:07 pm) 1557
MyFitnessPal Calories Burned
Garmin Connect Calorie Adjustment

Earlier today, it projected I would have a calorie adjustment of nearly 400. I was more active than usual during the morning which I guess explains that, but had I planned to eat my exercise calories at lunchtime, I would not have had any calories left to eat for my dinner tonight - that's if I had noticed the change in time!

Fortunately, I try to leave enough of my alloted calories to cover main meals and use exercise calories until later.

I've not noticed this happening before, but it worries me that the exercise calories can go down so much. Is this usual?

Replies

• prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Just checked again and my calorie adjustment is now showing 371. I think it must have just been a glitch with the system.

Full Day Projection
    (Based on 1844 calories burned as of 11:51 pm) 1852
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Just checked again and my calorie adjustment is now showing 371. I think it must have just been a glitch with the system.

Full Day Projection
    (Based on 1844 calories burned as of 11:51 pm) 1852

What activity level are you set at? I have a Fitbit but dropped my activity level because I hated seeing huge adjustments to my calorie intake, especially when most of my calories burned through exercise are in the first few hours of the day. Much happier seeing them go up and knowing they will stay up.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I'm set at sedentary. I don't think it will be a problem today - I've only gained 36 calories so far!

I've only had one meal today, I'd call it a slightly larger breakfast than usual. Will save my calories for an early dinner.