Pulled Pork - Question about recipe

jnikitow
jnikitow Posts: 334
edited September 21 in Recipes
I have a recipe question. I made some pulled pork in my crock pot yesterday for a party today. We will reheat it at the barbecue. Anyway, I guess my pork roast was bigger than it should have been and there isn't any sauce left over. The pulled pork is kind of dry.

I used the McCormick Slow Cooker Pulled Pork seasoning packet to make it. I cooked it last night for about 8 hours. So, I was wondering if I go buy another seasoning packet, and make another batch of sauce. I guess I would just boil it until it is hot, and reheat the pork with the new sauce at the party, would it still taste good?

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• tarajake
    tarajake Posts: 6
    I would just buy a bottle or 2 of your favorite bottled barbecue sauce and pour some into your pulled pork as you are reheating it. Use as much as you think you need to make the pork moist and flavorful. That's the good think about pulled pork. It's very forgiving! I hope this helps.
  • mooz
    mooz Posts: 101
    I would taste the sauce first. For some reason I'm thinking it might be salty. I've overcooked pork before and then shredded it and put it in a diluted BBQ sauce - everyone gobbled it up and nobody noticed it was dried out.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Can you just add water, or a low-sodium broth to the pork and pull the remaining sauce out of the nooks and crannies?
    Water = no extra calories.
    Broth doesn't have a huge amount.
    Enjoy your party! :drinker: (water)
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    I would also buy the bottle stuff and add it a bit diluted as I reheated. Make sure its the same type of BBQ (I know - this seems obvious), but they should have both the North Carolina (vinegar, not red) type of BBQ sauce as well as the traditional kind at the store. I'd just reheat in the crock pot with the extra sauce.
This discussion has been closed.