Favorite GPS and HRM Watches??

Options
I'm looking to buy a GPS Watch with a HRM and there are a lot of options. What are your favorites and why?

Replies

• Jiggle_all_the_way
    Jiggle_all_the_way Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love my GARMIN 110. It's a great starter watch. Not too many bells and whistles and fairly affordable.
  • mvtphilly
    mvtphilly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just started using the Nike+ Tom Tom watch.. it's great - but I think it takes a really long time to "link up" at first.
  • jerryvo
    jerryvo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If this will derail the thread too much feel free to ignore but what about Bluetooth HRM and a smart phone. There are plenty of smart phone apps for tracking your run / walk / cycling via gps that can integrate with a bluetooth HRM and I always have my phone, especially when I work out. Not sure if anyone can share experiences going this route but I am leaning this direction over a watch.
  • Jiggle_all_the_way
    Jiggle_all_the_way Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I didn't like using my phone for HRM and GPS. My phone weighs a ton while running -- it's jiggly. Plus there's the whole problem where I have to tap my screen to get it to work and if it went into sleep mode -- completely impossible. I think it's great for tracking, but if you're running 7 miles and you're trying to keep a pace of 9:30 and keep your HR under 145, you can't rely on your phone.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Check out this site for reviews on every different watch there is. http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews

I have always used Garmin and have always been happy. A Garmin 210 is the base model that has HRM capability. It will run you about $250. If you want to spend more the Garmin 610 has nearly every capability that you can think of. It is around $400.
  • hilarific1283
    hilarific1283 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You're the 4th person to refer to the Garmin 110, so I bought it!