30lbs down in 2 months

Options
2»

Replies

• jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    so when he stops losing weight at 135 kg if he's lucky how many calories will he drop down to?
  • frankzee1
    frankzee1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    so when he stops losing weight at 135 kg if he's lucky how many calories will he drop down to?

you might want to start your own thread with all these questions, instead of taking over someone else's. Just a suggestion.
  • davani09
    davani09 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Approximately 2200 a day

I eat around 1500 a day.
  • jasonpoihegatama
    Options
    frankzee1 wrote: »

you might want to start your own thread with all these questions, instead of taking over someone else's. Just a suggestion.

Why i want to know how he is losing the weight. Do i need my own thread for this?
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Why i want to know how he is losing the weight. Do i need my own thread for this?

Put whatever stats you want into here:

https://idealprotein.com/bmr-calculator-2/
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options

Put whatever stats you want into here:

https://idealprotein.com/bmr-calculator-2/

Bear in mind you'd want to eat a little more than your BMR, since you BMR is what your body would burn if you were in a coma. This site uses NEAT, which is Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis and includes your day-to-day activitys minus exercise.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options

He's eating WAY below his needs. When you eat less than your body needs, you lose weight. Plug your stats into MFP, pick a reasonable rate of loss (1lb/week is usually pretty good to start, 2lb/week is usually for someone 100+ overweight) and eat to that number.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    ^^ absolutely, I was just trying to help him get a simple vaseline to answer his question. At the higher weight (150kg+) BMR overestimates a hair and we know his activity is not high. So it seemed a reasonable link
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

The calories he eats will be different than the calories you should eat, and the lbs per week will be different. Unless you are also 400+ lbs and have the same activity level he does.

In short, I feel confident he's doing it by eating at a very aggressive calorie deficit. Because of his size, he has a much higher TDEE than average and can eat at a much higher deficit than most.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

The calories he eats will be different than the calories you should eat, and the lbs per week will be different. Unless you are also 400+ lbs and have the same activity level he does.

In short, I feel confident he's doing it by eating at a very aggressive calorie deficit. Because of his size, he has a much higher TDEE than average and can eat at a much higher deficit than most.

I have read, per Kevin hall... you need to reduce caloric intake roughly 100 cals for 10lbs lost and hoped to maintain. Now this is not exact, my old weight maintenance at 400lbs would be 4200 for sedentary. I now eat 3000-3700. When you lose weight some of us become more active and burn more cals.
  • jasonpoihegatama
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

No its ok. When i was bodybuilding for fun many moons ago i was eating 3200 cals and i will lose weight 1 kg pw going from 95 to 92 kg by exercise lifting but yes it was very heavy and intense workout well, heavy for bodybuilding anyway. But i just wanted to see how he was losing his weight.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I don’t think I’ve seen a thread on here where folks start discussing OP in the third person. Its rude. If you have questions about what OP is doing, why aren’t you addressing them to OP? Apparently he can speak for himself. Likewise your comments.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    The question was addressed to the OP, but there was a delay and then he gave a short answer. I thought elaborating would help the other poster. He does seem to be able to speak for himself, so if he took offense I'm sure he'll let us know and I'd be happy to apologize to him for adding to his answer if necessary.