Any suggestions on at home workouts?

Options

Replies

• tashanic2
    tashanic2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I belong to the Y and love Les Mills classes. There are tons on their website that don't require equipment and it's reasonable at $13 per month. :)
  • gwendtland
    gwendtland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii try My Fitness Coach. The workouts progress with you as you get stronger and more fit. No equipment needed but you can add an exercise ball, step, or hand weights if you have them.Used copies are usually around $10.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say / try googling before buying!
    I bought Jillians dvds but now find that googling eg “ripped in 30 week 1” and watching non my phone is far more convenient
  • Kamille68
    Kamille68 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try the website Darebee.com. Hundreds and hundreds of free workouts and challenges. Every day they ad another one. And look on YouTube for Lumowell.
  • blondywyn
    blondywyn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the Pop Sugar fitness channel on YouTube. Huge range of workouts, most require no equipment and lots are 30minutes or less. I particularly enjoy the dance workouts as dancing is a combo of cardio and strength (bodyweight exercises).
    I also totally understand about interference - I was working out in the lounge the other day and my toddler was 'joining in', mostly by headbutting my booty during the squats and playing horsie on my back during the cooldown stretches 😜😜
  • alliemaeg89
    alliemaeg89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    blondywyn wrote: »
    I love the Pop Sugar fitness channel on YouTube. Huge range of workouts, most require no equipment and lots are 30minutes or less. I particularly enjoy the dance workouts as dancing is a combo of cardio and strength (bodyweight exercises).
    I also totally understand about interference - I was working out in the lounge the other day and my toddler was 'joining in', mostly by headbutting my booty during the squats and playing horsie on my back during the cooldown stretches 😜😜

Lol that's what my 3yo does 😂
  • alliemaeg89
    Options
    Commenting to update: I just wanted to say thank y'all again for all the great insight! Y'all are amazing! So before I had made this post, I had started the month just doing general exercises. The rest of the month I've been doing 30-45 minute hiit, tabata, or yoga (just depending on what my 3y/o chooses for me😂) YouTube videos, 5 days a week. Still watching my calories. It's not much but but here's my progress so far (I'm doing abdominal pictures for my progress mainly because that's the area that stresses me the most lol). Who knows maybe one day I'll brave wearing a bikini again LOL! Cheers, y'all are the best!🍻y683jj28lbft.jpg
  • jessicaclarkprice
    jessicaclarkprice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like pump it up dance workout you will find it on you tube
  • kelli2486
    kelli2486 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started Country Heat by Beachbody and it is legit the ONLY workout I’ve EVER done for a full week! I LOVE IT! I have a full library of workout dvds that all either didn’t get started or at most were done 2 times.
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    For the past four years, I've only worked out at home and I've lost and kept off about 54 lbs now, thanks to running (I'm a half marathoner) and strength training. It's all about finding something you like and will stick with!

I purchased Beachbody on Demand and used it a ton. It's a $100 for the year, which when you compare that to a gym membership, is really cheap. I used T25 for lose my first 20 lbs, then moved to Chalean Extreme, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Hammer & Chisel, 80 Day Obsession and LIIFT4.

I also highly recommend checking out The Betty Rocker. She has a free 30 day challenge that you sign up for -- every day she sends you a link to a new workout. They're all really good and are a great way to change up your workouts. I also purchased her at home workout plans, which are great, very cheap, and totally designed to be done at home.

Right now I'm using Sweatflix through Bodyrock and I love it so much, I cancelled my Beachbody subscription. There are thousands of workouts on the site, and they are INTENSE. My strength has increased a lot and I really enjoy them.

Oh, and if you like Pilates and barre type exercises, check out Blogilates on YouTube. All her videos are free, use no or minimal equipment, and seriously BURN. LOL She does a lot of isolation work, and man it hurts so good.
  • nifftD
    nifftD Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Check out the Fitness Marshall on YT. Dancing. Fun. Do as many as you can. Follow the recommended playlist for complete workout.

I would also recommend Sweat app. BBG. Can be demoralizing- so many squats and pushups- you do get better over time ! Real commitment required.

I am going to try LesMills on demand. I have not tried but been recommended.

Also Nike Fitness app!

Good luck. Making time and self motivation is what I struggle with. I have times of real discipline and other times , like now, where I’m not consistent and lacking motivation. I will come around. Just needing to try something new👍🏼

Good luck.
  • Anthem76
    Anthem76 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Step aerobics is my favorite type of exercise that can be performed in the living room. It's intense cardio and really sculpts your lower body. A step can be bought for pretty cheap on Amazon and stored in a closet or under the bed. There are a lot of dvds and online workouts with a lot of variability. I actually like the older dvds from the 90s (Gilad, Jane Fonda, Kathy Smith) because they tend to be less dancey and are lower impact while still providing an intense workout.
  • alliemaeg89
    Options
    Updating: 2 months in, doing at least 1 30 min hiit workout 5 days a week, and 2 or 3 days I'll add a low impact hiit or yoga workout that's 15 to 20 minutes long. I've been trying to cut back on my sugar intake and make sure the calories I eat are worth it, it's hard lol (coffee with cream and tacos are my kryptonite). 1adnwjyzety0.jpg
  • marywelsh30
    marywelsh30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just discovered a Total Body Project on utube....you can then create an account on 5geirvweb site, The first week of a couple of programs is free, after that one must pay. Totally worth it, I just completed a 1 hr session. I love this site.
  • CristyAW
    CristyAW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I love doing Fitness Blender, they have videos for free in YouTube, or go in their website and create an account, you can buy their programs (very affordable) or do independent workouts that you can add in the calendar in your account.
    They have 4 or 8 weeks programs from low impact to build mass and stregth an many more.
    I hope this help you too.

• emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have had success with Jessica Smith TV. Tons of free videos on Youtube to fit any style, no equipment. Even if her video uses equipment like handweights or bands, she mentions household items you can use instead. Also love the fact that she will release challenges with pdf schedules that have option for her DVD stuff OR free youtube, don't need to buy to follow her routines!
  • alliemaeg89
    Options
    Thanks for all the great tips y'all!! I have been using YouTube so far. The fitness blender channel is my go to if I am crunched on time, if I have time, I explore different workouts. This week I've had a landscaping job to do so there went all of my gusto to do structured workouts lol. I'm counting the labor as my workout and starting fresh next week, because my aching muscles are for sure telling me that I'm making up for it Haha! My best friend might be starting Bikini Body soon, and I'm hoping she does so she can bring it over and share lol.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Very easy workouts is Leslie sansone
  • lindsey2685
    lindsey2685 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the Keep trainer app. Most of the exercises are bodyweight only. There a lot of free workouts on there and then you get coins for logging in and working out that you can use to unlock premium workouts. There are tutorials to show you how to do the exercise (not just diagrams, but a video / gif too) and there’s a voice that counts your reps for you. Good luck!
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Team Body Project workouts. Love Daniel and Alex. They are amazing people with amazing workouts :)