Circumferential Abdominoplasty (360° tummy tuck) One year post-op scar update

Options
Hey! It's been a year since my circumferential abdominoplasty surgery (also called a body lift). It was a fantastic experience but it did create some significant and visible scarring. People have asked how the scars have fared over time, so here is the one-year update on that. Bikinis are not in my future, but the scars did fade very nicely.

Previous post with original deets and more pics here. I'm 52 and 5'8". I lost about 130 lbs which led to the 'drippy candle' effect on my skin.

FRONT
ajx8dfzgz97n.jpg

3/4 SIDE
vmnicl1kwdd9.jpg

An interesting thing to note is the change in the post-op pics at the waist where the 'hour-glass' part is supposed to happen. In the 2 week post-op pic, it sticks OUT instead of going in. The dr. explained that was the muscle that forms the V-shape down to the groin that is prominent in athletic men and that it was laying on top of my hip bone from the surgery, but he promised it would settle. In today's pic, you can see, though I have no great hour-glass figure, it does go in a bit and the muscle bulge went away (slid down into place I guess).

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update! You look fantastic!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and Bikinis are so in your future. It must have been scary going for the op but what a brilliant result for you.

Thank you for sharing these I am sure there are so many people who are contemplating this surgery so to see what can be done will be inspiring.
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the continued updates - helpful to so many people on this forum. You look amazing!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I think your scars are fading nicely for 1 year. Keep us updated.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!!! I think you look fantastic!
    Im almost 80 down with 30 pounds to go and plan to have something done about the skin.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update. You look great!
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Woo looks great!
  • HEAVYweightlifter
    Options
    Cool results! I had 4 cosmetic fix ups. 1 half tummy tuck front side then 1 half tummy tuck back of my waist. 1 breast implants of silicon, 1 removal of popped implants after 13 years, 1 new breast implants of gel. The scars will fade to white and be fine after 5 -10 years. Weightlifting and aerobic exercise will do more than $20,000!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!