What milk to use when mixing protein or weight loss shakes

Options
https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Calories-Different-Types-Milk-9221413

I hope that link posted correctly! ^^ Was researching the difference between traditional cow's milk & others and it's not an exhaustive list by any means with so many out there and new ones coming out all the time it seems but it at least gives you a general idea of the difference in calories, fat, carbs and sugar- depending on what you're watching and trying to cut. Found the chart helpful, hopefully you will too, as I'm trying to pick a milk to go with a new powder I just ordered, so excited because they say it tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch milk, what's left after you eat the cereal. Lol (RSP True Fit Cinnamon Churro) What milk do you use? And do you always add ice, does it really need it?

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Would have to criticize plant "milk" for not coming from mammals & not technically being considered milk.
    Whatever floats your boat though. Stick to low lactose containing dairy simply because of how much of it I consume as a part of my diet (yogurt, cottage cheese mostly).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I mix my protein powder into chia seeds and the water they soaked in, then add slightly cooled coffee. (Straight PP will curdle in hot hot coffee.)

ifeqx4psj8p9.png
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    It's just about taste and the nutrition you want. I usually want to increase protein and am not a vegan, so I use yogurt/kefir, but I also sometimes use homemade cashew milk, which has all the cashew in it, so adds fat. I use goat's milk sometimes too, since I just like the way it goes. If I were a vegan but wanted to increase protein I'd use soy milk.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my smoothies. Low cal and good taste.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I like either macadamia milk or hemp milk in my shakes .. I just prefer the taste.