How long do you think it took her to look like this?

Options
vanityy99
vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
0ykprtd5bzs3.jpeg

To achieve a body like this how long would it take? From your personal experience what’s your guesstimate?

How many days a week? Would you need a trainer for this?
I guess what I’m wondering is, is it harder than it looks? can you achieve this without thinking so hard, like a basic routine, lift heavy weights and done? Or do you have to be really strict.

For example I do squats, I have no clue how many I do I just do them periodically and randomly like when I’m waiting on toast. And I got a lil toning going on. No routine no special techniques just regular squats.

Would that be the same for arms and abs? Or do people make it seem more complicated than it seems.

Also, I’m just using her pic as an example.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    It's really hard to say. She looks pretty fit, she has good muscle base, genetics. I don't know where she started from or where you are starting from.

Generally it can take years of focused training, some bulk/cut cycles to build a good base.

I don't look like that but in order to reach my own personal physique goals (abs, glutes, legs, back, arms) it took me about 4 years, still working on it too. Not complicated but lots of hard work and consistency, yes.

If you are more serious about certain goals I would consider following a program to get better results. Doing random things will be very suboptimal and it will take much longer to get where you need to go ( unless you are very lucky with genetics on your side).

How can you tell that she has good muscle base and genetics?

I’m just asking out of curiosity I hate lifting weights just because you have to be so consistent or else you’ll deflate I don’t see the point, well I see the point it looks awesome if I was lacking else where then I’d take it up to make up for an ugly face or something. I wish It was something I just enjoyed, I’m not into following programs- I don’t like to think so much. I like a simple diet, losing weight without counting calories... just simplicity. Are you on a strict program?

Low key thinking about it though.

Well I just based it in the photo how she carries her weight and she is lower in bodyfat, lean but not too lean you can see she has a good distribution of muscle. I can't see her glutes though, :p .

It depends on your goals and expectations. If you want to look and be generally fit, do activities you love, ones that involve some cardio and form of resistance training . You don't have to lift weights but it is the easiest and most optimal way if you wanted to build strength, muscle, look similar to her or fitness modelesque.

I did follow a program for years but based on my own knowledge and experience have created my own which I do 3-4x per week. It's not complicated and I enjoy what I am doing.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Oh and to add. In the past (before getting into lifting) I followed Beachbody type programs, ones that were more bodyweight, maybe some resistance bands. Cardio kickboxing, Jillian Michaels type stuff too. Did I look the way I do now? Not really, but I looked pretty awesome, fit and was happy with my physique overall.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    On the OP's question: It depends on what you have to start with. Healthy and at fairly normal weight, I think it's possible to get into decent shape in 6-12 months. This would require a solid lifting program (5-6 days/week training) and the nutrition plan to support the hard training. Also taking into consideration, that getting 'photo session ready' will take a good 6-8 weeks of that time.
    However, IMO, this would be the easy part... As it is MUCH harder to maintain this athletic shape...
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    Am I being obtuse if I asked why the OP chose that woman instead of one of the women here? It might be my older eyes, but quiksylver296 looks stronger and more muscular and JBanks?? Sorry if I got that name wrong - If that's her in her avatar is absolutely ripped.

And they post here and could answer questions...just thought it odd is all.

Wow, thanks for that! :blushing:

That photo is the result of good lighting, the right pose, and a little luck. But it is me.
    And quite modest too. :)

Keep up the good work :)