MFP romance

Options
anyone?

I have met someone on MFP who unfortunately lives on the other side of the world
I would like to believe that he is serious as he says he is
but I am not sure as it's a virtual world after all

I guess am asking to see if anyone has met their partner on here?

Replies

• sam85brent
    sam85brent Posts: 137
    Options
    I heard that some people have met on here, but I wouldn't recommend it.
    its not a dating site
    that said, I would love to meet some of my MFP friends, not for romance, just for night to remember :)
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    plz stay safe
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    plz stay safe
    Ooh this^^^^^
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    One word: Catfish.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the history of internet dating (not by me) makes me say "Don't get your hopes up", although I understand the bond you can share with your MFP friends, even those on the other side of the world, the internet is a strange place, particularly when meeting on non-dating sites.

Be careful :-)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the history of internet dating (not by me) makes me say "Don't get your hopes up", although I understand the bond you can share with your MFP friends, even those on the other side of the world, the internet is a strange place, particularly when meeting on non-dating sites.

Wait a sec!! I thought you were moving to Texas!!!! ;)
  • cosmic512
    Options
    No, I'm not here for dating. If you're uncertain, then you oughta chat with him face-to-face on webcam. If he refuses, or comes up with an excuse every single time as to why he "can't," then consider him fake and move on.
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Give it more time, you have only been on here since the start of the month.... So u havent even known this person that long....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Good luck, be safe, and hopefully you don't feel like a chump at the end of it.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Options

Oh yeah of course, but we're not dating ... we have to get married so I get my visa remember? That's a bit more serious ;-)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Oh yeah of course, but we're not dating ... we have to get married so I get my visa remember? That's a bit more serious ;-)

True. Fortunately, I know someone with a brilliant legal mind to help with the details.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

ummmm what? I thought we were making a cute little MFP baby!
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Options

Ok, Celo can help me get the visa, then we can make a cute little MFP baby ... Deal??
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options

Ok, Celo can help me get the visa, then we can make a cute little MFP baby ... Deal??

look-- i can help you make that MFP baby...you can marry Celo and he can take care of it and pay for it. lol
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Options

look-- i can help you make that MFP baby...you can marry Celo and he can take care of it and pay for it. lol

HAHA wow, father of the year right there ;-P
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options

what? Ill send a christmas card every year if u want me to.. im good like that
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Options

Impressive ... how could I not want you to father my MFP baby now!!!
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Options

Impressive ... how could I not want you to father my MFP baby now!!!

Actually, maybe we'll just stick to practicing baby making for now????
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options

you know what? I take that back. If Im gonna be a MFP daddy.. then i was to be there when my kid scans his first barcode. I want to be there when s/he asks for the 1st time whether they should eat back exercise calories. I want to be there when s/he said bang or pass for the 1st time. all these firsts..... dont want to miss even one.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Options

you know what? I take that back. If Im gonna be a MFP daddy.. then i was to be there when my kid scans his first barcode. I want to be there when s/he asks for the 1st time whether they should eat back exercise calories. I want to be there when s/he said bang or pass for the 1st time. all these firsts..... dont want to miss even one.

We have so much to look forward to as MFP parents!!