Anyone with a good yogurt based salad dressing recipe?

Options
abbynormalartist
abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
I love Bolthouse salad dressings but I'm trying to do all my shopping at Aldi and they don't sell them there. In a lazy (and money saving) bid to avoid going to other stores, I'd like to try to make something similar at home. Anyone have a good yogurt based salad dressing recipe to share? My very favorite would be something like Caesar dressing. Thanks!

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,607 Member
    Options
    For a yoghurt based caesar I would mix 2 parts no fat yoghurt with 1 part extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Add finely chopped garlic and anchovy to taste and pepper.

If you are a kitchen hack use garlic powder and a few drops of SE Asian fish sauce as a replacement for anchovy.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Not caesar, but for ranch I do one cup fat free greek yogurt, 1 cup buttermilk, and 1 packet of ranch dressing powder. You could probably use that base without the ranch powder and instead add the Caesar seasonings
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    yogurt, zaatar, love - my favorite. If it's too thick, add little lemon juice. You can also vary the type of yogurt to change the thickness.
  • gran195780
    gran195780 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hidden valley has a great yogurt dressing with spinach and feta. 2 TBSP is 60 calories
  • shochfelsen
    shochfelsen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like to put yogurt and tofu in a blender with garlic powder, pepper and blue cheese. It makes a great blue cheese dressing. Don't have a recipe, but it's mostly to taste,
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Caesar dressing (sorry, I never measure anything):
    • Yogurt
    • Anchovie paste (or puree a few anchovies)
    • Worcester sauce
    • Garlic
    • Lemon juice
    • Parmsan
    • Dijon
    • Salt/Pepper

Ranch
    • Yogurt
    • Dill
    • Parsley
    • Chives
    • Onion Powder
    • Garlic powder
    • Salt/Pepper
    • Lemon Juice
    • Almond milk (or other to get right consistency)
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I mix my own as well. Yoghurt, touch sharp mustard and lots and lots of fresh herbs - chives, basil, thyme, a little fresh garlic, you name it. Sometimes I have a glut of fresh herbs - I mince them up and freeze them in an ice cube container. Quick to use, always taste fresh.
  • momnottom
    momnottom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tahini Yogurt Dressing is my favorite!

1 cup greek yogurt
    2 TBL tahini
    3 TBL lemon juice
    2 cloves garlic finely chopped
    salt
    black pepper

great with a sprinkle of toasted seeds and aleppo pepper

• cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this post. I can't find store bought dressings that don't contain vinegar, which upsets my stomach, so I'll try most of these recipes.
  • carolann1974
    carolann1974 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1 c. olive oil
    1c. plain yogurt
    2-3 cloves fresh garlic
    2-3 T. Tahini
    juice of 1/2 lemon and White Balsamic and a bit of apple cider vinegar to make about 1/2 cup ( or more to taste)
    1/4 c. feta
    2-3 T. Parmesan cheese
    2 t. salt (or to taste)
    To thicken if yogurt is thin add up to 1T. chia seeds
    Blend in blender.
    Enjoy!