Help me with my food diary

Options
Hello so i did my weigh in this morning and no change. Im so disappointed. Can you please provide some insight for me.

Started Jan 14.
Eating healthier.
Weights 3 x/week- i do the Hasfit program
Elliptical- 2 x week
Cardio- 1-2 x/week
I only work out for 30 mins each day. My settings is lighly active.
I also try to overestimate calories. So for example had half a pita- the bag says its 100 calories for a whole so i go with MFP guide of 75.
Drink green tea atleast 2-3 timea a day.
Just turned 40.

I even try to add the ugly like enjoying cake last weekend to my diary.

Help! I’d like to lose some weight!

Replies

• endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    You need to get a food scale and weigh your food instead.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of emphasis on exercise but not enough on food. Pay closer attention to logging food accurately. Preferably weigh all of your food on a food scale instead of relying on the packaged calories like the above poster mentioned.

Also, 2-3 weeks is not enough time to change your routine especially if you just started working out. You’ll find your weight loss can be masked from water retention from starting your exercise regimen.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Oh and green tea means nothing. It’s zero calories and delicious so by all means enjoy it! But it does nothing for weight loss.

Eating healthier also doesn’t mean much. You can eat the cake as long as it fits into your calorie goal! Enjoy it!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    In your food diary, you have several listings of "homemade" stuff. I've read many claims that the food database "homemade" entries are utterly unreliable.

For something such as a dish with several ingredients, use the old recipe tool to create a recipe containing the accurate weight of every ingredient you use, even water. When you add up all the grams of your whole dish, you'll have some hundreds or thousands of grams. The number of servings of your recipe can then be made equal to its weight in grams. When you log the food in your diary, you only need to weigh it and, if for instance you have 350 grams of it, you log 350 servings.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food.

Be more patient, you didn't gain all the weight in 2 weeks.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    be patient. If you ahven't lost weight then there are a couple of reasons...

most probable...not in a deficit. Solve this by logging accurately using a food scale and as consistently as possible. This site allows you to create recipes and meals etc.

could also be the fact you are now exercising and new exercise can cause water retention