Just ran a 5k!!

Options
Well...I ran the distance of a 5k on a treadmill. But this run was still a ton of milestones for me! I was vaguely following the c25k program for a bit and then was just running/walking around my neighborhood/campus for 2-3 miles at a time. There was a lot of walking involved because my area is pretty hilly. I was curious today to see how long I could run straight, and this was great!

The milestones included: first time running a mile straight (and then also 2 miles and then 3 miles!), longest distance, longest straight run, etc etc. I ran it in about 36 minutes.

I know this isn't too exciting for most people, but it's a great day for me. :)

Replies

• nkoconnell
    Options
    Yay! I'm doing c25k on a treadmill... Ran for 25 minutes straight last night. Still feel too awkward to run outside, tho. Congratulations!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I think this is very exciting! I finished C25K about a month ago. I run 1-2 miles 3-4 times a week now and I've run 5k 3 times since I finished the program. I am entered to run an actual 5K event on 8/24. All of this after not running for 35 ish years!

Congratulations and I think you will find many on here who share your excitement!!!