Southern Hemisphere - Does the feed about foods for the northern hemisphere grind your goat ??

Options
Joey_jo_jo
Joey_jo_jo Posts: 9 Member
So I just wanted to remind MFP creators and operators that there is an entire Southern Hemisphere which has opposite seasons to the north and it’s a bit annoying that the MFP doesn’t seem to have a setting to gear the blog towards us southies so whilst we sweat in 40 odd degrees with cold flannels and fans the blog recommends all these lovely soups to keep us warm. Feeling a bit invisible :-( and forgotten. Maybe insignificant.

Surely there is a setting MFP can offer users to adjust the feed towards northern or south hemisphere?

Cheers

Southie

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    What? Huh?
    All I can comment is that there are users from all over the world here.

And, be forewarned...mfp must be American based because I got reprimanded once for talking about something that "wasn't legal in the US".
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    Not really. It’s an American company so it’s really just expected. Plus they’re just tailoring their content to probably their largest demographic.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Yeah. It does get a bit annoying sometimes. But then I think of all the people shoveling snow and freezing their faces off while I sit next to the pool and work diligently on my tan. I feel better about it. But come winter time, when they are all in their sandals and sunnies, then I get a bit jealous. Just a bit
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Yeah. It does get a bit annoying sometimes. But then I think of all the people shoveling snow and freezing their faces off while I sit next to the pool and work diligently on my tan. I feel better about it. But come winter time, when they are all in their sandals and sunnies, then I get a bit jealous. Just a bit

Hey lady!
    Random question, thought...what is your weather like there? We've been like -15-19 °C this past week and got like 20 cm of snow...do you get that there? Its been bad, but some of my close by American neighbours have had it way worse... so I won't whine too much.

Curious about South Africa, temperature and weather, summer to winter (summer there now?)

**Sorry OP, to derail your post...just this one little question to my friend! :)

Kinda on topic a smidge 'cause I'm talking to someone on literally the opposite side of the world and hemisphere I suppose?

*OP getcha tho, I was mad when I was told that I violated rules based on American laws (this is an internationally inclusive website) Almost to the point I didn't want to participate any more.

It's all regulated by American control, I think...would be good for mfp (and Under Armour **product inclusion...listen to me !!) to be more internationally supportive and inclusive I think.

Don't sweat it...the whole wide world is here!
  • Joey_jo_jo
    Joey_jo_jo Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

True yeah I’m not hugely annoyed it’s just a bit dumb from what is a good product. I think they use an Aussie chef too - he should be ashamed. I mean serious though we set our MFP to our city so the IT should wake up and flick a switch really. Just give us the blog you gave the US months earlier which suits our climate.