It's a new dawn, it's a new day.....

Today is the 1st day of a healthier me. It must be the 10th time downloading the app and calorie counting as I often give up after the 1st week, but I have set myself a 1 month goal. Track everyday and exercise up to 3 times per week and hopefully see results!
My goal is to lose 26lbs over a 6 month period, in time for my holiday, and to feel healthier, and to have more energy.
I am in serious need of some buddies as I give up very easily. My husband is tired of me starting a new diet so instead of getting motivation from him, I am reaching out to you guys instead.
I would be interested to hear about eating habits people have inc. carb only, high fibre, or just healthy eating, do you also take pictures of everything you eat?
Thanks for reading and good luck in you weight loss journey 🥙🏃‍♀️🥂

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I eat foods that I enjoy, that fit within my calorie allowance. No gimmicks, no special names. Just something that is sustainable for life. Also, aim for slow rather than quick weight loss. If your target is too restrictive and too aggressive you will not stick to it for long.

Read the stickies and if you haven't already done so, get a digital kitchen scale. Accurate logging important.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,720 Member
    I just did this, and it worked fine:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm

Add some physical activity you enjoy (doesn't have to be gym time, any added healthy movement will do) to earn some extra calories, and you have a winning combination. :)

Best wishes!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    The only change I implemented when I was getting started was keeping homemade desserts to 200 calories or fewer. Over time, it became "hit my protein target and iron RDA and let the rest fall where it falls" too. Now I also shoot for the fiber target, too. Not that hard; I'm a vegetarian and get plenty of grains/fruits/veg.

Otherwise, nothing special.