Problem in my weight loss journey

Options
Hello Friends,

I am facing a problem in my weight loss journey recently.

My initial weight was 110.2 kg and my height is 168 cm.

I was determined to lose my weight and bought a treadmill. I followed a simple diet and brisked walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes every day.

After following this regime for 3 weeks, my weight reduced to 107.3 kg.

But here is where I faced the problem. After I reached 107.3 kg, my weight is not reducing any further. I was truthful to my diet and exercise but there was no reduction in my weight for 1 week. I feel very puzzled and demoralized by this.

I feel very concerned if my body is refusing to lose any more weight. Will I not be able to lose any more weight any more?

Should I reduce my food intake further? To tell the truth, I do feel slightly hungry while following the diet. But I try not to give in and binge eat. I don't think I can cope with further reducing my food intake.

Should I increase my exercise time further? I am thinking to increase my walking time to 25 minutes every day.

Is it common to see your weight being stagnant for a week during your weight loss journey?

I hope you can share your valuable opinions and advice.

Thank you.

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    Are you actually tracking everything you eat? Eating healthy doesn't guarantee that you are eating low calorie. Make sure to weigh and measure everything that you are eating so you know whether you are actually eating at a deficit. Log your food and exercise. If you are actually eating fewer calories than you need to maintain your weight, you will lose weight. There will be ups and downs. The body retains water for a lot of reasons. Look at the long term and trust the process.