What to do when you strey from healthy living?

Options
Been doing so good but the past couple days family's been in town and we've been hosting a lot of I've eaten over my calorie goal and been drinking sodas and missed my woke out yesterday I just feel like a failure. Hubby's birthday was yesterday and I ate cake very fattening cake! Ah how could I allow myself to do so I have been kicking my butt all day about this and feel like going from 305 to 160 is just impossible with my life style I am a stay at home mom of toddlers. I just need help :( two days ago I was 305 I'm scared to see what I am today since for the two days I've Ben eating junk food

Replies

• fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Don't let that cake get you down! Even fit people eat cake. Try to focus again on living healthy by eating right and exercising. Just don't let the guilt get to you. Tomorrow is a new day. =)
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The first thing you do is forgive yourself. We all have bad days of eating. Celebrations, company, vacations..... The trick is to get back on track. Remember that the road to success is paved with failures. Take a gymnest performing on a balance beam. You may watch a perfect performance but do you think they have never fallen? Of. Course they have!
    I would make a suggestion: make small goals. I started with making the goal of just 10 pounds. Then the goal to lose just 10% of my body weight. To think losing 100 pounds was impossible to me but I have almost done it by taking small bites..
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Just jump right back on your routine, do 2 extra workouts and don't weight yourself quite yet, especially if you're scared, unless you think it will motivate you. Do one week of healthy eating with those extra workouts and weigh yourself and you should be happy.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    You just have to brush yourself off and try harder the next day. Just because you go over your calories one day or a few doesn't mean you're going to gain all of the weight you've lost.
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey, life happened!!! Don't beat yourself up...every day is a new beginning. Reset and get back on it. You can do this!!!:bigsmile:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    When I do things like this, I look at it as delaying me attaining my goal. Maybe it's worth it to have fun this week with your friends and to delay your weight goals for a week or two. It's all a personal choice and you get to decide what's worth it. Just remember, the more excess calories you eat today, the more you have to work off later on and sadly we can take it in faster than we can work it off. It's all a process. Take calories in. Expend calories through normal daily living and exercise.
  • ptaradactyl88
    ptaradactyl88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You have the power to forgive yourself and treat yourself better. The person that advised you to set small goals to work toward is right on the money! And reward yourself with something besides food when you reach each milestone. My rewards are things like
    new music downloads and pedicures. And I don't mean pedicures by someone else. I mean I go and buy myself a cool new nailpolish and give MYSELF a pedicure because I can reach my toes!!!! You can do it and you deserve it!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I'm staying with my brother-in-law, who prefers to do the cooking, and to not stint on butter and fat. I'm enjoying the food, however I do keep track of portions, and plan ahead, so I don't go way over on calories, or decline any delicious meals.

I'm not straying. I'm actually being very strict about logging. But I am indulging. I had French fries for the first time in years.