Looking for friends on this for motivation (+intro)

Options
Hey everyone! I’m Nyesha. Just a 20 year old college student trying to lose weight and keep it off. I’m actually not a “new” member, I’ve had this account since I was about 14-15, but I never used it as extensively as I do now.

I like to say I’m a “recovering vegetarian,” because I used to use it as a “quick weightloss diet,” which was full of boring foods that I hardly liked—even when I did like them, I knew deep down inside I enjoyed the meat alternatives better. I came to realize that you could definetly still gain weight being vegetarian when I was told I went from 166lbs to 168lbs! I said to myself if I’m going to gain weight, might as well gain weight eating the foods I love right? Of course the goal isn’t to gain weight, but it made me realize if I could both gain AND lose weight being vegetarian, I could probably do the same being an omnivore.

So currently I am an omnivore, trying to incorporate cultural dishes as well(something I also struggled with being “vegetarian”) as a Jamaican-American! So far I have lose 7lbs using the myfitnesspal and pacer apps, and I can attribute this to strategic meal planning and portion control.

Anyway I would love to meet new people and learn more about what others are doing! Comment below and I’ll add you, or feel free to just add me!