Walk away the pounds DVD-????

Options
Anybody ever calculated the calories burned to do any of the walk the pounds dvd's by leslie sansone????
And why is it that the strength training exercises section of MFP don't keep up with calories burned???

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Before I got my heart rate monitor I just logged it as marching or brisk walking. After I got my HRM I just wear that and log the numbers. I won't tell you what I burn for each workout though because it's probably completely different for you since it varies with age weight. :)
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Before I got my heart rate monitor I just logged it as marching or brisk walking. After I got my HRM I just wear that and log the numbers. I won't tell you what I burn for each workout though because it's probably completely different for you since it varies with age weight. :)

Okay I am older and probably don't burn like you do but, just give me a hint at what you burn per mile :-) I was thinking of getting those C.D.'s
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I think the fast paced 4 mile one I burned 430 according to my HRM.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It should be about 100 calories a mile for an average person. It might be slightly more if you are heavy (but not much). I find logging it as low impact aerobics is quite close.
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    There's an app called calories burned that has the number of calories you burn for a lot of popular workout programs and the Leslie Sansone walking workouts are on there.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I do those sometimes in the winter and log it as low impact aerobics. Also, I usually hold hand weights during the routine for a little extra umph.

Edit: Those are free on YouTube.
  • CarlaPhillips22
    CarlaPhillips22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    true..thanks :)
  • CarlaPhillips22
    Options
    where can I find that app???
  • CarlaPhillips22
    Options
    thank you everyone....people at watp site said a general assumption could be 100cals for ea mile