As MFP "Groups" are not used much, I'm wanting to figure out how to best use "Groups"

Options
chris_in_cal
chris_in_cal Posts: 2,169 Member
I started MFP after using another social media fitness/weightloss platform...PeerTrainer(PT). It was not a robust platform, and it had a different fundamental layout than MFP. Of course MFP is the monster and is all things to everyone...I'm generally very happy with what I get out of MFP...for free. That said, the feeling of connection and support, a peer relationship, doesn't translate very well with the way MFP is laid out.

MFP Groups are dead dead dead. It is a feature of MFP that has been abandoned by the developers and users both. So 'who cares' right? But I'd like a place with effective accountability and support with peers like in Peertrainer.

Peertrainer was built around four person groups. Interestingly it was built around 100% anonymity too, but now we now everything is out there on social media and 'anonymity' doesn't mean what we hope it is, and don't really work..but I digress, PT was really good for what it was.

I want to try a test to see if an MFP group can work. Does anyone else have interest in MFP Groups or have ideas to try stuff with MFP groups to see if they can work.

I'm enrolled in six groups, one of them I started (and am really no longer eligible to be in), four were just fishing for friends, and the sixth one is weird, it is an active group by many members but it has kind morphed into a single thread that has gone on forever (like in the MFP community section.) Here are mine:
  • Swimmers! -Active
  • Connect via Garmin Connect -nothing
  • Garmin Connect Users -nothing
  • Garmin Connect -nothing
  • Garmin Group -nothing
  • Men Who Maintain - I wish I was in maintenance :smile:

Any interest in trying groups for short term accountability and peer support?