When to adjust intake goals?

Options
When you first start you figure out everything by current weight and goal weight. Do you stick with that plan until you hit your goal weight or do you adjust it as you lose the weight. I'm down 12 lbs and still losing weekly but not sure if or when to use current weight or continue with original plan

Replies

• LovelySavannah
    LovelySavannah Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I didn't need to adjust my intake goals until I hit a weight plateau (which took me about 25 lbs of weight loss before I hit one), then I started to lose again. I'm planning on keeping my intake goals the same until I hit my goal/hit another plateau, whichever comes first.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    You should revisit them at least every 10 lbs. When I was losing, I would redo them once a month.
    Some say MFP does it automatically, and maybe I'm just not using it right but it never seemed to adjust them for me so I just did it the beginning of the month.

Once you do this, know that if you changed the default macro percentages, they are set back to the default and need to be changed each time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    You should revisit them at least every 10 lbs. When I was losing, I would redo them once a month.
    Some say MFP does it automatically, and maybe I'm just not using it right but it never seemed to adjust them for me so I just did it the beginning of the month.

Once you do this, know that if you changed the default macro percentages, they are set back to the default and need to be changed each time.

Yeah, you have to reset manually. The program will prompt you every ten pounds but it won't change the calorie goals for you.

I was wondering if he may have meant the rate of loss, too?

If you have less than 50 pounds to lose, set Goals at "Lose 1 pound per week," and when you get to less than 20-25 pounds to lose, change it to "Lose 1/2 pound per week."
  • foamking4u
    foamking4u Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No. I was just curious if we were supposed to change it or just keep it the same the whole time.. I'm not super concerned at this point because I'm still losing weight but as I drop wasn't sure if I needed to change it to keep losing.