Removing fat macro (that cooked off) from a recipe

Options
nicsflyingcircus
nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
edited February 2019 in Food and Nutrition
I made gyro meat today (Greek meatloaf, whatever). Anyway, after cooking, the meat was sitting in ALOT of cooked off liquid, including fat. Once I removed the meat hunks to a cutting board, I poured the remaining approximately 2-2.5 cups of liquid into a bowl and popped it in the fridge. I am waiting for the fat to solidify, but it is evident there is a good bit leftover. I plan to weigh the solid fat when it cools and wanted to know if anyone knows a good way to remove that from a recipe?

I found a negative fat entry, but it only adjusts calories, not the macro itself. Do I just need to create an entry?

Any help would be appreciated.

And yes, I know I could just count it, and that was my initial plan, but the lamb was very fatty (raw weight, 23g fat to 19g protein per serving) and looking at the leftover liquid, there is alot of fat in there.

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    Never mind. The fat macro thing appeared to work. All I measured was the solid white fat, rounding down just a little. Still added up to 50g. Biggish difference, made about a 45 calorie difference in the serving size I had packed for my lunch.