Eating Clean

kawade80
kawade80 Posts: 44
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
My husband and I are wanting to start eating clean. Have any of you done this? If so, is it difficult to stick with, what were/are your results?

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    What is your definition of 'Eating Clean'? :blushing:
  • kawade80
    There is a diet called the eating clean diet. I was just wanting to know if any on here is doing it.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    I wouldnt look at it so much as a diet. More of a food philosophy...everything that you put into your body serves a purpose. I try to eat as clean as possible. It is pretty easy. I just stopped doing prepackaged foods. For snacks I will eat fruit and veggies. I typically will make a dish that serves 4-6 for my boyfriend and me for dinner and freeze the remaining meals and take them to work or eat them when I don't feel like cooking.

It does take some time to get used to cooking all your meals if you aren't used to it. I used to be big on Lean Cuisine and other "healthy" convenience foods. The biggest reason that I got away from those things was the cost. So many things like beans, grains, and rice that are incorporated into "clean eating" recipes are so reasonably priced in the bulk bins at grocery stores.

You can find alot of recipes in Clean Eating Mag but also eatingwell.com and cookinglight.com.

Sorry for a bit of a ramble, hope this helps.
  • kawade80
    It does help. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.