Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Eat 2-3 servings of fruit daily.

You'll probably come to find out it's not really sugar...at least not sugar alone. Most things like cookies, candies, etc have as many if not more calories coming from fat and the combination is highly palatable.

It's also not an addiction...if it were, it could easily be cured with a banana.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's also not an addiction...if it were, it could easily be cured with a banana.

Ever since I started my Dr. Oz 9 day banana fast, I'm totally addicted. :anguished:
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm going to land firmly on the Fruit-is-your-friend side for this argument. Sugar as an addiction... probably not, habit... that is too mild to even scratch the surface! Whatever description you use, it is a da@! hard thing to give up, and anything healthy you can do to help you over the hump is a plus. I love crispy-sweet-tart apples. I keep a bag in the fridge at work and at home and this is my go-to when I have to have something sweet. It takes a little while to get through an apple and the time it takes to crunch through a whole one gives your brain time to register that you are fulfilling your need for a treat.
  • Ninnoc06
    Ninnoc06 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OP here...so we started doing smoothies and I swear you can’t taste the veg at all. We found a healthy Orange Julius recipe that’s nice and orangey. Also I am noticing a huge difference in how I feel - I feel not sick when I don’t have sugar- which makes me think a lot of it is in my mind.