In search of the perfect shorts

Options
I’ve had one good pair of running shorts for the past 10 years maybe even closer to 15. I wore them during highschool CC and track practice, all the 5k’s I’ve ever ran, my first half and even my first marathon. I love these shorts because they have big mesh pockets on the back that can fit so many Gu’s and stuff! And a hidden zipper pocket that I never use. I’ve searched everywhere for running shorts like these and I can’t find any similar, most I’ve found just have a zip pocket or two small Velcro pockets on the side. I know hydration belts exist but it’s just not the same lol. These things are starting to fall apart and I think it’s time I retired them. Does anyone make shorts like these anymore?

sk9bpnopwt7t.jpeg
epwbpafbc8bj.jpeg

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you know how to sew? It would be easy to make a new pair. Or hire a seamstress.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,959 Member
    Options
    Dangit, I have a pair of shorts I've had for about that long and I've tried to find a replacement for about eight years now.

I feel your pain.

Good luck. And next time we'll both buy more than one!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Or try eBay.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh. I really thought I was weird because I have a pair of shorts that are 10 years old that I really like. I thought I was the only one...
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh. I really thought I was weird because I have a pair of shorts that are 10 years old that I really like. I thought I was the only one...

I like to wear stuff until it falls apart. I'm 44 and still have a couple shirts and a pair of pants from high school. I've had to do a little repair work over the years and I dread the day they have to be retired. :cry:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You could get a cycling jersey (sleeved or sleeveless) that has 2-3 HUGE cargo pockets in back.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Welcome to our little support group, you aren’t alone lol 😂!
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!! A friend of mine happened to have a $20 off coupon for a pair of shorts similar to my old ones but in my favorite color! I hope they are just as awesome 😁, this time I’m buying TWO!
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I get 99% of my workout clothes from goodwill, no shame. It started because I had a similar problem with a pair of leggings. They got to be too small and the brand was worn off. I tried on easily 20 pairs in goodwill and found ones very similar and walked out with some Nike and underarmour leggings for less than $20. Win win win!