7.5 stone off.still can't control my eating

Options
greenrpg
greenrpg Posts: 21 Member
edited February 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
yvqva23g39q4.jpg
yy3lx8zxywfi.jpg
Well it's took just over a year to get this weight off and when I finally got down to my goal weight the words I've used a hundred times before were said"im never putting that weight on again" trouble is the greedy side of me rears its head up occasionally and I end up going on a binge for a week or so.untill i snap back into focus and look at my before photos.it really does concern me that I'll always have this negativity with food.people think it's easy to lose weight and be happy with it but all I can say is losing it is one thing keeping it off is the hardest battle.stay strong people
trvo418jew9p.jpg

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You are doing something right because you look amazing and you must FEEL great too. We all have that self sabotage side of ourselves.(I KNOW that I do) Listen, if it happens now and then just get back focused and don't hate on yourself too much. You have done well and you should be PROUD!!!!
  • greenrpg
    Options
    Thank you.
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I hear you, sometimes it is scary how easy it is to fall into old habits, etc. I have struggled with getting the last 8 lbs off since late summer. I do great for a week or so then have a bad day or two, etc. etc. It seems like I get down a lb then up a lb...the same lb:(
  • greenrpg
    Options
    Yeah when I was down to my last stone I just didn't go on the scales for a few months.it was tough not to jump on them every week but I wasn't going to be upset when it wasn't moving.i could feel my body was shrinking when I washed or when I put clothes on.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Are you still eating a very restrictive diet? Do you fit in the foods you like often?

Is there any chance the bingeing is tied to something? Emotional or stress eating or something else psychological?

Congrats on your awesome success BTW!
  • greenrpg
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Are you still eating a very restrictive diet? Do you fit in the foods you like often?

Is there any chance the bingeing is tied to something? Emotional or stress eating or something else psychological?

Congrats on your awesome success BTW!

Hi yes I am a emotional eater.i eat when I'm down and eat when I'm up.im now on a sensible 2500 cals a day.but I know that sometimes I eat to much.and just can't stop myself.
    I do have a cheat meal once a week and always did on my progress.if you don't have a little of what you like,your going to fail.
  • kimny72
    Options
    Maybe habit replacement will help? Brainstorm a few things that are simple and quick to do, that tend to relax or comfort you that aren't eating, like doing a crossword or playing Angry Birds or something like that. Then leave yourself a reminder somewhere you'll typically see it in these kinds of situations and try to do that instead.

This works for me sometimes (but not always!)
  • greenrpg
    Options
    Thank you for the advice.im rubbish at angry birds and the crossword lol but I know what you mean
  • kimny72
    Options
    If you're a reader, check out The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg. It goes over how and why our brains form habits (good or bad), and how to figure out how to change them. It's also a fun read, and gets suggested often around here.
  • greenrpg
    Options
    I'll have a look on Amazon now thank you