If it’s in the house, I’ll eat it.

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this. It's not with all food but some foods. I can't bake cookies for my kids because I have absolutely no restraint and will eat 10 or more in less than an hour.

Right, it is just some foods for me as well. I cannot have pints of Ben & Jerry's in the house. Interestingly, I can have the little single serving cups. Perhaps because they don't come in my favorite flavors.

I can definitely overeat brownies, but can still make them for my OH by buying the Walmart brand mix which he finds acceptable but I do not. IIRC, it has some artificial flavor which bothers me but not him.

For foods that are just slightly problematic, I manage by weighing out a serving and putting the package away and out of sight.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Since prepping and portioning your foods ahead doesn't help, I think maybe what I would look at is what you are doing at the time. It takes time to eat that much food - get up and leave. If you and the food can't be in the house without you eating all the food, YOU leave the house. Instead of eating the second meal you prepared, take a walk around the block. Don't give yourself idle time, find something to do which prevents you from eating.

^this. I have this compulsion to have something snacky or sweet right after dinner. I shouldn't be hungry. I think its more an established habit and boredom. So now go for a walk. Its an hour that I can't be eating! And helps to clear my head.