Diet plan

Options
Best diet plan out there that actually works or you’ll actual do?

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Best diet plan out there that actually works or you’ll actual do?

If I had to chose one, the Mediterranean one would be the only one I’d probably have successes with.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Eat everything in moderation and keep to a calorie deficit to lose weight. That's literally the most successful diet plan in the world.
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like, but make sure you’re in a calorie deficit (hint: mfp can help you with this).
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'm around 7 years into this whole thing. In that time I've experimented with several IF protocols, primal, vegetarian, WFPB, Nutritarian, Nourishing Traditions, pescetarian (current), DASH (current) and a few others I'm probably not remembering.

Throughout all of that I've managed my weight by my calorie intake. Op, eat whatever foods you enjoy eating, just learn how to fit them into your calorie targets (correct portion sizes, pre-planning for meals out etc).
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    I opt for a diet plan that i will continue to use all my life. learning good habits now that I will (fingers crossed) keep up for the rest of my life. One that allows me foods I like in moderation so I do not feel "deprived".

for me that means lots of protein and lots of vegetables to increase volume of food within my calorie range. Most recently I am monitoring my fat intake to ensure i get enough (high volume means foods low in calorie density which often leads to food low in fat). I've added full fat yogurt and almonds for example.

I eat often (three meals and two snacks).
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    You do not need to follow any named diet plan to lose weight. You only need to make sure you are consistently in a calorie deficit. A good way to do this is to weigh and log all your food, eating the number of calories MFP tells you to eat.

Any diet that causes weight loss works because you created a calorie deficit while following it.

Therefore, the best "diet" is any way of eating that allows you to create a calorie deficit and stick with it long term.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    You could try this (non-named ;) ) eating plan:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm

It's how I lost around 50 pounds in less than a year at age 59-60, while hypothyroid, without significantly changing my exercise routine . . . just with the mistakes and false starts left out. ;)