Hau 💗 Introducing myself& looking for friends

Options
wolfmama020807
wolfmama020807 Posts: 10 Member
edited February 2019 in Introduce Yourself
I am going to be THIRTY this month and I am at the worst I’ve ever been weight and healthwise. I have depression and that plays a part too. It’s been frustrating but I finally found the motivation to start working on it ! I’m trying to follow the keto diet since diabetes runs in my blood and praying for the energy & good health :) my goal is to go from 202 to 135.

Replies

• wolfmama020807
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I just had a baby boy (my third kiddo)in July (free slurpee day) and I’m ALWAYS hungry for some reason. I heard breastfeeding was supposed to help lose weight but not for me.
  • Competeballpythons
    Competeballpythons Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby in July too and I’m ALWAYS hungry 😂

Eat the baby? No?
  • wolfmama020807
    Options
    I probably could have worded that better 🤦🏽‍♀️ 😂

• Competeballpythons
    Competeballpythons Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wasn’t serious....
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You should see your doctor about hormones these can go out of whack after kids so i heard? But yes the best thing for you is to eat healthy food and exercise don't worry about eating less now just healthy and whole food. see how much calories you are eating now if 3200 cal start to bring it down 2800 cal after you stop breastfeeding then lower/ But do it for your family and most of all be healthy fit and strong so you can beat your kids in sport when there older!!! good time to start but you don't have to go hard till your 35 years old. good luck
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    hi
  • wolfmama020807
    Options
    Jason : that’s what I want so much! At this point everything is so much more harder and I don’t even want to leave the house . I know it’s not healthy and I want to be able to run with my kiddos and be competitive with them. I was seeing doctors over it because the weight gain started 6 years after having my first 2. This is my first time trying again since before I had my last kiddo. And thank you so much for the tips 💗 keeping track of my calories will hopefully be the improvement I needed.
  • yelgirweoj
    yelgirweoj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also battle depression from time to time. I am hoping logging my calories will draw out my competitive side to not eat. I was diagnosed type 2 a few years ago.
  • wolfmama020807
    Options
    Yes! It does feel like a game that we are trying to beat. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. We have to fight hard against this in our family. Some still succumbed after a very healthy lifestyle. And depression doesn’t help motivate getting up. Glad to know we are in this together .
  • Vallejo_health_and_fitness
    Options
    I sent you a friend request/message (=
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’m trying to loose the thirty pounds I put on while my wife was pregnant. Sorry to hear about the depression though hope everything pans out well! You can add me if you’d like I’m always looking for good friends!
  • wolfmama020807
    Options
    Thank you @thepainmaker88 lol!! My husband says the same thing ! But he still looks good 😂 the depression doesn’t help with the getting up part and doing but honestly it’s been better this month! And I’ve had more energy since starting :)
  • weetamoo
    weetamoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry to hear you're dealing with depression. I've been struggling with it on and off for 30 years. I just started the keto diet because I hear it can help a lot. (As well as help take off some extra pounds.) Taking care of 3 kiddos can be a difficult ride. Make sure you get some time to yourself every day. I always tried to get out for a run when my husband got home, which kept me sane with 5 kids (the last 2 were a double surprise)
  • jdv8622
    jdv8622 Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Also on the Keto diet, depression is a horrible thing, going through some of that too, but stay focused and motivated, you got this girl😉